Cut down the tree against our will

Cut down the tree against our will

Postby KarlLondon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:17 am

Hi
I live in a purpose built block of 8 flats. We have internal management team. Beginning of the year we had AGM and we decided extension of our drive way. But also we decided with majority vote any tree in our communal garden must not damage or cut down. Now our management team without consulting us decided to take decision to cut down one of the tree in the communal garden. And they are waiting council's planning permission to cut down the tree.
Could you please advice how can I prevent cutting the tree
I living in Chiswick in a conservation area
KarlLondon

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Cut down the tree against our will

Postby despair » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 pm

All you can do is enlist the help of the councils tree officer he might be tempted to slap TPOs on the trees
despair

Postby Collaborate » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:33 am

despair wrote:All you can do is enlist the help of the councils tree officer he might be tempted to slap TPOs on the trees

My guess is that the trees are already TPO'd, and OP is confusing an application for permission to cut down with an application for PP, as of course PP is not needed to cut down a tree.

OP - assuming my take is correct, you need to be contacting the LA to object to the proposed works. You also need to contact the majority who voted to preserve the trees and hold the management team to account.
Collaborate

Postby Pennyfarthing » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:13 pm

[quote="despair"]All you can do is enlist the help of the councils tree officer he might be tempted to slap TPOs on the trees[/quote]

I'm interested in this because I recently contacted our council to try and get a TPO put on a beautiful tree which I heard was going to be felled.

it was felled within days of us hearing about it and I then told the council it was too late. They did apologise and said they had to follow the correct procedure which takes time. I, maybe naively, imagined they might just "slap" a TPO on it.

What's the best thing to do if there's a lovely tree in your neighbourhood which you would hate to see disappear?
Pennyfarthing

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:43 pm

Pennyfarthing wrote:
despair wrote:All you can do is enlist the help of the councils tree officer he might be tempted to slap TPOs on the trees

I'm interested in this because I recently contacted our council to try and get a TPO put on a beautiful tree which I heard was going to be felled.

it was felled within days of us hearing about it and I then told the council it was too late. They did apologise and said they had to follow the correct procedure which takes time. I, maybe naively, imagined they might just "slap" a TPO on it.

What's the best thing to do if there's a lovely tree in your neighbourhood which you would hate to see disappear?
you’d be best starting your own thread
MacadamB53

Return to Trees