Tango Yorkshire

A discussion forum for the elderly, their carers and advisers

Tango Yorkshire

Postby gardenlaw » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:03 pm

We have discovered Argentinian Tango in the last 12months. It is great for exercise both physical and mental. Our stamina has improved no end. Our brains tick over faster. We have met lots of new people both at the classes and milongas and on Facebook.

For anyone interested in tango, particularly Tange Nuevo, in Leeds, Harrogate, Wakefield or Boroughbridge then Adam is an excellent teacher. His website is http://www.adamparnell.co.uk/tango.htm and
http://www.whiterosetango.co.uk/ and http://yohlg.free.fr/tangoyorkshire/?id=allclasses
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Sudynim » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:41 pm

I was about to report this as spam, but then I noticed.... :o)
Sudynim

Postby Mattylad » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 pm

It was my thoughts too, anyone else cross posting as such would get told off :D :D :D
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
Mattylad

Postby jencast » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:25 am

A few months ago, I attended an Argentinian Tango night. Altho, I only knew the very basics, a friend help me thru the set and cortina. It is considered bad manners to say thank you after the 1st dance, one should continue with the same partner til the cortina. The more experienced dancers were more sensual in their dancing acheivable only, after hours of practice, discipline and true passion for the dance. Unfortunately, we only have Argentinian tango exhibits once a month, but they are quite fun and will fill certainly work you out physically while looking elegant, suave and sophisticated! Hopefully, if you try it, you can bear the experience with any partner at least thru the cortina(a set of 3 dances).
jencast

Postby jencast » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:32 am

And I forgot about the shoes-I had heels on, but some of those seasoned vets had KILLER heels! Google that and look at the pricetag on some of them beauties. I guess you all can surmiss that this is coming from a female perspective. I would encourage any male to learn this dance-they may score a few dates out of it as there were more women than men at these duos. I was one of the lucky ones, that knew a male friend who had learned recently and made sure I twirled a few sets.
jencast

Postby gardenlaw » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:42 pm

I am so pleased you enjoyed the milonga Jencast. We have usually been fortunate in the ratio of men to women. Women do dance with women and sometimes men with men, but men are not usually good followers. Here is a link to my wife Anne's recent lesson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcXP3p_grhQ a lesson
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Postby Sudynim » Fri May 21, 2010 9:22 pm

gardenlaw wrote:I am so pleased you enjoyed the milonga Jencast. We have usually been fortunate in the ratio of men to women. Women do dance with women and sometimes men with men.......

Yorkshire's not what it used to be.
Sudynim

Postby Conveyancer » Sat May 22, 2010 11:13 am

El tango argentino es un pensamiento triste que se puede bailar

Enrique Santos Discépolo

(The Argentinian tango is a sad thought that can be danced.)
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Postby arborlad » Sat May 22, 2010 1:36 pm

Dancing: A vertical expression of a horizontal desire :D
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby appledore » Sun May 23, 2010 4:02 pm

arborlad wrote:Dancing: A vertical expression of a horizontal desire :D

It takes two to tango. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun May 23, 2010 8:30 pm

I thought of trying tango but didn't want to turn orange. :oops:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Mon May 24, 2010 4:24 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I thought of trying tango but didn't want to turn orange. :oops:

I turned apple. :oops:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Elderly and Elder Law