NHS Continuing Health Care

A discussion forum for the elderly, their carers and advisers

NHS Continuing Health Care

Postby gardenlaw » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:46 am

This is a useful link to NHS Guidance for eligibility

The guidance in the Framework is part of the Department of Health's continuing care policy in England. This policy covers:

the criteria used to assess if you're eligible for continuing care, and

the procedure for investigating cases where people may have been wrongly denied continuing care.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2392.aspx?C ... goryID=155
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Piratebarnabus » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Here is a much more useful link if you are facing the prospect of trying to get continuing health care funding from the NHS (FFNHSCHC)

http://freenursingcare.findtalk.net/forum.htm

I am fighting for my mother to qualify at the moment and have found that most Primary care trusts will require you loved one to be almost domiciled in a jar to come close to passing their unlawful assessment criteria.

Remember the golden rule too. Do not sign ANYTHING and tell social services nothing.

Good luck.

PB
Piratebarnabus

Postby despair » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:47 pm

You are 100% correct PCTs are hell bent on denying even the most infirm patient and defibitely those suffering Dementia witrh the care they are legally entitled too

I started on the same battle 3yrs ago ..........mercifully C Diff infection from filthy wards solved the situation
My Mother would have been horrified to have seen the pitiful state she was in and would have realised why she should have made a living will etc long before

All talked about but never put into action sadly very typical for her generation
despair

Return to Elderly and Elder Law