Ambulance Usage By a Time Waster

A discussion forum for the elderly, their carers and advisers

Ambulance Usage By a Time Waster

Postby tykl » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Does anyone know whether this is right or not. A woman of 77 calls the ambulance on 999 with bad heart. She has had her bath the day before. The next day she gets ready with coat on, key and purse at the ready and calls the ambulance. They arrive and she comes out the door and marches to the ambulance quicker than the paramedics can get there. Once she is in the ambulance they are obliged to take her to hospital even though there is nothing wrong with her because if they chuck her off as they should do and something does happen they are held responsible.
Yet again if they arrive and she is still indoors do they still have to take her? Or can they call her GP?
Also, does anyone know how much these ambulance trips cost?
tykl

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Midori » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Does she perhaps have an entitlement to Hospital transport due to her heart condition?

It's not necessarily clear-cut.

Cheers, Midori
Midori

Postby tykl » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:08 am

I said heart condition because she doesn't have a broken leg. Maybe she says chest pains ie indigestion? The siren sounds to end of road and then just the blue lights. So not routine appointment. Paramedics say to her shouldn't we check you indoors first and she says no way get in the ambulance.
Do you remember the worlds strongest man programme where they struggle with concrete balls to put on a plinth? Well she can carry one under each arm and not break out in a sweat.
I was told that time wasters get charged £100.
I just wanted to know the rules and regulations as I cannot find them on the internet for my county.
tykl

Postby despair » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:08 am

I suggest you report her to all relevant authorities because she probably is also falsley claiming benefits and photos of her carrying heavy weights will have them very interested
despair

Postby Treeman » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:24 am

despair wrote:I suggest you report her to all relevant authorities because she probably is also falsley claiming benefits and photos of her carrying heavy weights will have them very interested

You are one paranoid puppy, why are you so willing to believe the absolute worse from people you have NO KNOWLEDGE of?

You don’t actually believe that she trots about carrying rocks under her arms do you?

What did the world do to make you so suspicious and resentful?

At 77 is she not entitled to benefits?
Treeman

Postby tykl » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:33 am

Maybe not rocks but the equivalent. Large garden pots with plants in them. Concrete ornaments. One in each hand. She could be entitled to DLA which means a reduction in her council tax. She has a blue badge which even the department says is easily obtainable, just needs a signature from doctor.
She marches up and down like a sentry on duty then remembers she is supposed to be play acting and copies her friends walk who is poorly.
tykl

Postby Treeman » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:41 am

So is this ambulance thing a one off or is it a regular occurrence?
Treeman

Postby tykl » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:25 am

She has called the ambulance 3 times. The first time she got a lift back the other 2 times she had to find her own way even though the hospital is 20 miles away.
As for asking despair why she is so suspicious and resentful, if that is the way you see it, I cannot answer for her but the way I have been treated all my life it makes you that way.
You cannot trust anyone and just because they have a number of years under their belt doesn't make them suddenly honest people.
tykl

Postby appledore » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:32 pm

She must have a very boring existence if she has to pretend she's poorly to get a trip in an ambulance.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby tykl » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:12 am

yes, she has no real friends. she won't have anyone to miss her when she's gone. she has been picking on me for 6 years then someone moved in the other side and she started on them and when that did'nt work she started on me again.
the poorly neighbour i mentioned has had a bathroom for the disabled fitted and she is annoyed and wants one as well.
tykl

Postby despair » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:44 pm

Are you sure DLA qualifies someone for a reduction in Council tax ?

I know theres a 25% reduction for Single Occupancy

Getting a blue badge is not always easy it seems to depend on areas because i know several very elderly people with very real walking difficulties who have had immense trouble getting one

I also know a much younger person who following severe damage to her pelvis done in childbirth who mobility is severely limited and can only walk very short distance had immense trouble getting DLA and a Blue Badge and does not get a Council Tax reduction although does get a lot of Social Services help they badly need

If you seriously think she is putting on an act then irrespective of age she should be reported and let the authorities sort it out
despair

Postby tykl » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:12 pm

If you go to the directgov website under council tax reduction for disabled people it states the criteria there.
tykl

Postby despair » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Thank you

I will tell my young friend as money is very very tight
despair

Postby tykl » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:21 pm

I should have added that as regards blue badges maybe each council is different. Mine is very strict, just because your walking difficulties are due to being elderly it doesn't necessarily qualify, it has to be a 'known' condition. For example MS, SM, SHM. That is why I don't know how this 'woman' is entitled.
tykl

Postby despair » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:15 pm

Post code lottery really stinks when it comes to Blue Badges by sounds of things plus of course maybe a "barrow load of lies "
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to Elderly and Elder Law