Pay day lenders

A discussion forum for the elderly, their carers and advisers

Pay day lenders

Postby gardenlaw » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Just met an elderly man in tears! He had received a call from someone saying they were from the Ministry of Justice and if he did not pay £100 into an account within the hour, and not consult a solicitor, he would be sent to prison for 60 days! He genuinely believed they could do this. Such a terrible act to prey on the vulnerable for money. Be aware that you cannot be sent to prison for debt and beware this con.
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Pay day lenders

Postby appledore » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:09 pm

People who prey on the elderly are the lowest of the low. It often means that the elderly person loses their confidence and feels unable to continue living in their own home.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:45 pm

appledore wrote:People who prey on the elderly are the lowest of the low.

I agree. Watchdog shamed a security company for using scare tactics on the elderly. If only they could shame every scam artist. :x
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Midori » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Oh boy, do I agree!

I am a disabled pensioner, and I used to be constantly bombarded by these excuses for humanity; however, Old I may be, but stupid I ain't! I've seen several of them off with fleas in their ears and a follow up call to the Police with car number plates, descriptions, etc., to let the authorities know that these lowlives were in the area.
Midori

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:18 am

People who prey on the elderly are the lowest of the low.

Can't knock the sentiment but I'd say people who prey on the vulnerable are the lowest of the low.

Let's not start implying elderly always means vulnerable.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Return to Elderly and Elder Law