garden drainage

Let everyone have the same pleasure as you derive from your garden -- or perhaps a friends garden

garden drainage

Postby loughs » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:02 pm

My neighbours have built a second dwelling in their garden. Since it has been built, my garden has become increasingly waterlogged. They removed llandui trees to build the extension which probably helped keep our garden dry. Do I have any recourse here? We didnt appeal the planning because the dwelling is for a disabled person.
loughs

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby appledore » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:46 pm

Is the new house connected to the drains or a septic tank? What did it say on the plans about drainage?
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

garden drainage

Postby loughs » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Oh god, i dont know what it said on the plans about drainage. Its connected to the main drains of their house. All I checked on the plans was there were no windows looking over into the garden and the height of the building. Even at that, we were told it would be pushed through anyway because ot it being for disabled people.
loughs

Postby despair » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:28 pm

While I cant bear Leylandi I doubt they would have kept your garden from being waterlogged

You need to establish what was done with the rain water /surface water drainage ...........they may not have connected that to storm drains but dug an inefficient soakaway instead which is therefore seeping into your garden

Is the new building on higher land than yours
Have they concreted over a large area of patio /surrounds etc

Go and see the Local Buildings Inspector and seek his help
despair

Re: garden drainage

Postby Myra Hush » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Make your own drainage to avoid water logged in your garden.
Myra Hush

Return to Your Garden