What can i do to this garden

Let everyone have the same pleasure as you derive from your garden -- or perhaps a friends garden

What can i do to this garden

Postby ukmicky » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:34 pm

Any land scape designers out there..

Im buying this house at a knock down price and is so cheap i cant turn it down but need ideas for the garden.

The main thing is it must retain a garage somewhere,newly built if need be.

The pictures

The garage to the left is owned by the property as well as the area just in front of it by the curved wall. Even though its adjacent to a shared drive it does not form part of a right of way. So the wall can be demolished along with the garage and the area enclosed. (hopefully with no claims of prescriptive easements as the land is at present open)

The building beyond the garage is weird . Its new and 30 ft long and almost complete. Its built with double skinned insulated walls ,double glazing ,three partitioned rooms and includes a toilet which is actually connected to the sewers. I doubt permission was gained for use as accommodation.

Suggestion are to remove the old garage and fence along the actual boundary line and convert the nearly built building into a garage accessable through a gate in the fence.
Their is 40 ft of garden beyond weird building so it is not in best place so another suggestion was to demolish both buildings fence in the land and build new garage further down. However new building has 18 inch concrete floor so demolishing will not be easy.

Suggestions welcome because i am at a loss what to do but hopefully will own it within a months time.

ukmicky

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby despair » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:46 pm

If it was me i would knock the lot down and start with a clean slate

If you can lay bricks or have a cheap brickie you can employ then you can re use the bricks and build something decent

you might also have enough to rebuild a decent brick wall or an archway too
despair

Postby ukmicky » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Th thought has crossed my mind to demolish the lot,the only problem is the base of the weird build is 18 inches thick.

Any body know how easy it will be to break apart the 18 inch thick concrete floor.
ukmicky

Postby luggsey » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:16 pm

Hire a mini digger with a breaker on the end, easy! :lol:
luggsey

Postby Caddie » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:28 am

Not entirely clear which bit would be yours. Would you own both sides of the garage and the building at the other end of it and over to the larchlap fence?

I think estate agents might refer to this as a mature deceptively spacious garden!
Caddie

Postby katee » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:59 pm

looks like a good building plot to me :wink:
katee

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:06 pm

The garage looks like it is awkwardly placed and a bit of an eyesore, much better to start again.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Klingon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:24 pm

Mini digger is the way to go for the concrete; you'd probably manage it (just) with a heavy-duty Kango, but it won't be a pleasant day at the rock face!

It's got to be a start-over job, seeing as you did ask!

J.
Klingon

Postby arborlad » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm

ukmicky wrote:Th thought has crossed my mind to demolish the lot,the only problem is the base of the weird build is 18 inches thick.

Any body know how easy it will be to break apart the 18 inch thick concrete floor.

I would be surprised if the whole of the floor is 18" all the way over, more likely just at the edges and reducing to around 6" in the middle.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby appledore » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:51 pm

I'd knock the lot down too. When we moved to our present house there was a huge shed in the back garden, and the foundations were reinforced concrete and very thick. Probably thicker than the house foundations. :lol: We got some builders to remove it, and I think they had to use a pneumatic drill. I remember it was very noisy.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Your Garden