Forced rhubarb

Let everyone have the same pleasure as you derive from your garden -- or perhaps a friends garden

Forced rhubarb

Postby gardenlaw » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:18 pm

The weather may have been cold but we are now eating rhubarb forced under a plastic bin. With custard or cream that is the question.
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Forced rhubarb

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:08 pm

gardenlaw wrote:The weather may have been cold but we are now eating rhubarb forced under a plastic bin. With custard or cream that is the question.

Strange place to eat rhubarb, forcing yourselves under a bin. :wink: Custard and cream, it is the law. :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:11 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
gardenlaw wrote:Strange place to eat rhubarb, forcing yourselves under a bin. :wink: Custard and cream, it is the law. :lol:

It would make a change from sitting on an upturned bucket. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:15 pm

appledore wrote:It would make a change from sitting on an upturned bucket. :wink:

I'm going to buy a value bin and call it a stool, then I will use a water butt as a table and call it a bar. Chique or what!!! :lol: Rhubard and custard and cream on a plastic plate with a spork, lush one could say. I shall sip sherry from an egg cup with my pinky stuck in the air. :wink: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:37 pm

I know someone who's husband complained that she never gave him rhubarb and custard. She didn't realise it had to be cooked. She just put a whole stick on a plate and poured custard over it. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby arborlad » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:14 pm

With custard or cream that is the question.

Both - and for good measure a scoop of icecream as well :D
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:14 pm

appledore wrote:I know someone who's husband complained that she never gave him rhubarb and custard. She didn't realise it had to be cooked. She just put a whole stick on a plate and poured custard over it. :lol:

:lol: Did he eat it, or was it forced under the bin? :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:24 pm

arborlad wrote:
With custard or cream that is the question.

Both - and for good measure a scoop of icecream as well :D

I like it when we go to hubs parents and they ask "do you want this for pudding or ice cream?", I dither and they say "you can have both if you want!" I want, I want. :D :lol: Oh it really is a trick question.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I like it when we go to hubs parents and they ask "do you want this for pudding or ice cream?", I dither and they say "you can have both if you want!" I want, I want. :D :lol: Oh it really is a trick question.

You could say 'I don't really want any pudding, and I'm right off ice cream'. Think of the shock they would get. :wink:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:37 pm

appledore wrote:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:I like it when we go to hubs parents and they ask "do you want this for pudding or ice cream?", I dither and they say "you can have both if you want!" I want, I want. :D :lol: Oh it really is a trick question.

You could say 'I don't really want any pudding, and I'm right off ice cream'. Think of the shock they would get. :wink:

That really would be no good for me, I would get no pudding just to shock them. :? Nope, can't see the fun it that. :lol: Although, hubby would then ask for my portion, I would look at him like a seal about to be clubbed and he would give it back to me, might work ok then. :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Your Garden