Cordyline

Let everyone have the same pleasure as you derive from your garden -- or perhaps a friends garden

Cordyline

Postby duggat » Sun May 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Have a 15 foot cordyline or did have I should say.
It had 3 sprouting heads on it till this winter. 2 have rotted and not sure if the 3rd one will survive.
Does anyone have any knowledge on these plants on the possibility of saving it and how to.
It really was a lovely feature and I want to keep it if possible. :(
duggat

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Cordyline

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun May 02, 2010 5:15 pm

If you see no new growth it might be a goner. But you can try reducing the trunk and possibly get new growth from the bottom of the plant. I think if you see nothing by June/July it might be best to replace.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun May 02, 2010 6:00 pm

We had a cordyline in a pot on the patio. Just a small one, nowhere near 15 foot. Yours must have looked lovely.

It had survived several winters, but this winter it rotted, and one by one the leaves dropped off, and we were just left with the trunk. We've hidden it in a corner to see what happens, but I think it's a goner.

We've lost lots of plants this winter, some we've had for years and years. We've dug them out. and the garden looks quite bare at the moment.

You could try reducing the trunk as Will suggests, but if it does grow back it'll be bushy rather than having one trunk.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun May 02, 2010 6:09 pm

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 715AAp2ebI This answer on yahoo could give you some extra pointers. :)

A shame to lose such a well established plant if you really liked it.

apples I hope your cordyline is not in the naughty corner in the shade! :D
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun May 02, 2010 6:16 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
apples I hope your cordyline is not in the naughty corner in the shade! :D

Oh my goodness it is! I'll rush out now and move it. I think it needs some Phyllosan. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun May 02, 2010 7:07 pm

appledore wrote:Oh my goodness it is! I'll rush out now and move it. I think it needs some Phyllosan. :lol: :lol:

What is Phyllosan? :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sun May 02, 2010 7:12 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[What is Phyllosan? :lol:

I was waiting for you to ask that. :lol: :lol:

If you were ancient like me you'd know that it's a tonic. ' Phyllosan Fortifies the Overforties'. :lol: :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sun May 02, 2010 7:18 pm

appledore wrote:I was waiting for you to ask that. :lol: :lol:

If you were ancient like me you'd know that it's a tonic. ' Phyllosan Fortifies the Overforties'. :lol: :lol:

:D Is there Thyllosan for the over thirties then? :lol:

Poor hubby might need that over 40's tonic after a hard day, or perhaps a Willosan! which will of course be much better to perk him up. :lol: :lol: :wink:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Your Garden