Bird Feeding

Let everyone have the same pleasure as you derive from your garden -- or perhaps a friends garden

Bird Feeding

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:15 am

Making fat balls for birds

I have found this is so much cheaper than buying them and they go down a treat with our birdies.

I use cheap lard and add two thirds seeds, chopped nuts and dried worms to one third fat.

I wait until the fat starts to set a bit and then slop them in the middle of some cling film and shape them in to balls and twist the top. It is so simple and if you are in a hurry to feed you can get them to set quickly in the freezer. We are getting birds tapping on the window for more. :lol:

Has anyone any other good suggestions for making fat balls/cakes. I have heard adding a bit of cheap peanut butter goes down well too. In winter our birds will be spoilt rotten.

It is good fun making these and all the nicer when you see the birds go mad for them on the feeders. :smile:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Your Garden