Bird Feeders Advice

Let everyone have the same pleasure as you derive from your garden -- or perhaps a friends garden

Re: Bird Feeders Advice

Postby appledore » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Hi Will. Mr. Pheasant was running along the top of the leylandii hedge today, he did look funny :lol: , and there was a long tailed tit on the feeder. We ordered a dozen trees today, it's the start of the forest. :) They're only small, but they'll soon grow.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:31 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. Mr. Pheasant was running along the top of the leylandii hedge today, he did look funny :lol: , and there was a long tailed tit on the feeder. We ordered a dozen trees today, it's the start of the forest. :) They're only small, but they'll soon grow.

Hi apples. A dozen trees, that sounds wonderful. :) Which trees did you choose?

I bet Mr Pheasant looked really funny running along your hedge, you'll have to call him ‘hedge runner!’ :lol: Beep Beep

I haven't seen many long tailed tits recently, but did see a few gold finches today. We only get them coming to one feeder after the sun flower hearts, but I changed that feeder and they are too shy to try the new one yet. Every time I buy a new feeder, birds seem to be really cautious.

I do wish we could plant loads more trees, the trouble is we have to keep most trees to a small size. We have a patio garden which does look lovely in the summer, and we have quite a few small trees. But I like big trees, we have to thank our lucky stars there are other trees around or the outlook would be fences and walls.

I looked on Rightmove the other day for properties nearer hubby's work and found a nice one with a bigger garden and backing on to woodland. Now if you could just magic up those lotto numbers for us, that would be whoopeeee!!! :wink: :lol: I would have to buy loads more bird feeders!
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi Will. We chose silver birch, rowan and flowering cherry. There are two or three trees there already, but I can't remember what they are. They are only whips (sounds kinky), but it's surprising how fast they grow.

We haven't seen hedge runner today. Beep beep. :lol: One year mammy pheasant brought all her babies to see us. If we see them this year I'll take a photo. The crows have been hoovering all the food up again.

I wish we could win the Lotto too. We'd find another house, get it all ready and the first our neighbours would know would be when we moved out. Then we'd rent this house out to Hells Angels. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:38 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. We chose silver birch, rowan and flowering cherry. There are two or three trees there already, but I can't remember what they are. They are only whips (sounds kinky), but it's surprising how fast they grow.

We haven't seen hedge runner today. Beep beep. :lol: One year mammy pheasant brought all her babies to see us. If we see them this year I'll take a photo. The crows have been hoovering all the food up again.

I wish we could win the Lotto too. We'd find another house, get it all ready and the first our neighbours would know would be when we moved out. Then we'd rent this house out to Hells Angels. :lol:

Ooooh Whips...kinky trees... :lol:

I think mammy beep beep and the beepettes should all run along the fence doing the conga. :lol:

If we won the lotto, we would sell and never look back. I wouldn't know what to do with too much money, I would only want enough to have a little cottage in the country with a larger garden and trees galore...oh and bird feeders! :lol: I am optimistic, I think we will end up retiring somewhere nice.

It does seem quite difficult to find properties with no nearby neighbours though, we might have to build an earth shelter and like moles. :mrgreen:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:43 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:[Ooooh Whips...kinky trees... :lol:

I think mammy beep beep and the beepettes should all run along the fence doing the conga. :lol:

If we won the lotto, we would sell and never look back. I wouldn't know what to do with too much money, I would only want enough to have a little cottage in the country with a larger garden and trees galore...oh and bird feeders! :lol: I am optimistic, I think we will end up retiring somewhere nice.

It does seem quite difficult to find properties with no nearby neighbours though, we might have to build an earth shelter and like moles. :mrgreen:

We've seen Daddy beep beep today. Still no sign of mammy and beepettes.

It's quite rural where we live, but quiet it aint. :lol: We're close to a farm and it's like the Somme at the moment. They have a bird scarer going full volume. There are three loud bangs every hour, there must be enough time between the bangs for the birds to eat the seed off half the field. :lol: Then there's the pong from the insecticide. I sometimes think we'd be better living in a town. Moan over. I think an earth shelter would be a good idea.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:39 am

appledore wrote:It's quite rural where we live, but quiet it aint. :lol: We're close to a farm and it's like the Somme at the moment. They have a bird scarer going full volume. There are three loud bangs every hour, there must be enough time between the bangs for the birds to eat the seed off half the field. :lol: Then there's the pong from the insecticide. I sometimes think we'd be better living in a town. Moan over. I think an earth shelter would be a good idea.

Ahhh love that countryside smell! :lol: I know what it is like to hear the bird scarer constantly going off, hubby's parents used to live in the countryside, it was quite idyllic. The bangs used to scare me at first, especially when walking the dog very close to the bird scarer, but you soon got used to it.

Even where we live you get the countryside pongs…and that is just us after eating a curry. :lol:

An earth shelter sounds quite nice doesn't it! I saw a program about making one and the thought does appeal in a way. I don't know if I could get used to only having windows to one side though. Some rooms would have no natural light, it would probably get annoying after a while.

Our ideal home would be a wood lodge in woodland, with a stream flowing through the land, which we own! :mrgreen: We would have a hydro electric generator, oh and tons of bird feeds and bird houses. :)

What would your ideal home and setting be apples?
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:06 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
Our ideal home would be a wood lodge in woodland, with a stream flowing through the land, which we own! :mrgreen: We would have a hydro electric generator, oh and tons of bird feeds and bird houses. :)

What would your ideal home and setting be apples?

I think an earth shelter would be too dark, I like big windows and lots of light. The closest we have to a stream is a septic tank, good and pongy when it gets emptied, it certainly cleans your sinuses out. :lol:

I wouldn't want a big house, but i'd like it to be in the middle of a large plot with lots of trees. I'd like a long, meandering drive with Rhododendrons. I wouldn't want to see or hear anyone, so no close neighbours. Lots of birds and animals. If we win the Lotto tonight we'll be off. :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:14 pm

appledore wrote:I think an earth shelter would be too dark, I like big windows and lots of light. The closest we have to a stream is a septic tank, good and pongy when it gets emptied, it certainly cleans your sinuses out. :lol:

I wouldn't want a big house, but i'd like it to be in the middle of a large plot with lots of trees. I'd like a long, meandering drive with Rhododendrons. I wouldn't want to see or hear anyone, so no close neighbours. Lots of birds and animals. If we win the Lotto tonight we'll be off. :lol:

We have similar dream homes. :lol: They might require a lotto win, but you never know! :)

Hubby laughs at me, I'm not that bothered about 'light and airy' as they call it. I quite like dark spaces, but with windows...mostly! :lol: When we watch 'escape to the country', I moan when folk say 'light and airy.' Hubby will say 'oh my god! if it is light and airy, we are not touching it! it must be dark and dingy!!!!!!' :lol: I do like a little dark and dingy = beams and dark wood floors etc... although low ceilings won't suit hubby, I still want my dark and dingy and cellar for ... stuff.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we win mils tonight, we will get you out apples, don't you worry. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:24 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Hubby laughs at me, I'm not that bothered about 'light and airy' as they call it. I quite like dark spaces, but with windows...mostly! :lol: When we watch 'escape to the country', I moan when folk say 'light and airy.' Hubby will say 'oh my god! if it is light and airy, we are not touching it! it must be dark and dingy!!!!!!' :lol: I do like a little dark and dingy = beams and dark wood floors etc... although low ceilings won't suit hubby, I still want my dark and dingy and cellar for ... stuff.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If we win mils tonight, we will get you out apples, don't you worry. :)

I don't think some of the people on 'escape to the country' are genuine. They seem to be all horsey types or B&B or holiday lets. They all want a vegetable plot and chickens. I think they all have the same script. :lol: I like light and airy, can't stand dark and dingy :lol: I don't like fussy interiors either. I don't like cellars, they give me the creeps. We have a big loft space for stuff. We're sorting it out at the moment, it's full of stuff we'll never use again.

If we win mils tonight, we'll get you out Will. Fingers crossed.
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:36 pm

appledore wrote:I don't think some of the people on 'escape to the country' are genuine. They seem to be all horsey types or B&B or holiday lets. They all want a vegetable plot and chickens. I think they all have the same script. :lol: I like light and airy, can't stand dark and dingy :lol: I don't like fussy interiors either. I don't like cellars, they give me the creeps. We have a big loft space for stuff. We're sorting it out at the moment, it's full of stuff we'll never use again.

Awww I think I would be a little predictable on that show...not that I would go on it with a million pounds! :lol:
I want dark and dingy, a cellar, a veggie plot, chickens, holiday lets, 'land, lots of land, don't fence me in', range cooker, beams, wood floors and quarry type tiled floors, a view, hundreds of trees, tons of wild life, eco features, stream or river, moat even better! I could go on, but the list is big enough. :oops: I’m not really greedy, I would like just he cottage with no neighbours, the rest is just added extras. :lol: Oh no!!! We have a cat! I suppose a posh bed for him, otherwise I will end up with a head full of curls...don't know if I could cope! :lol: :lol:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:36 pm

appledore wrote:I don't think some of the people on 'escape to the country' are genuine. They seem to be all horsey types or B&B or holiday lets. They all want a vegetable plot and chickens. I think they all have the same script. :lol: I like light and airy, can't stand dark and dingy :lol: I don't like fussy interiors either. I don't like cellars, they give me the creeps. We have a big loft space for stuff. We're sorting it out at the moment, it's full of stuff we'll never use again.

Awww I think I would be a little predictable on that show...not that I would go on it with a million pounds! :lol:
I want dark and dingy, a cellar, a veggie plot, chickens, holiday lets, 'land, lots of land, don't fence me in', range cooker, beams, wood floors and quarry type tiled floors, a view, hundreds of trees, tons of wild life, eco features, stream or river, moat even better! I could go on, but the list is big enough. :oops: I’m not really greedy, I would like just the cottage with no neighbours, the rest is just added extras. :lol: Oh no!!! We have a cat! I suppose a posh bed for him, otherwise I will end up with a head full of curls...don't know if I could cope! :lol: :lol: The little poohead this morning combed my fringe with his claw...imagine a curly fringe?! This lotto win had better come fast or I am in trouble. You know what they say about a girl with a curl in the middle of a forehead. :!:
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Hedge runner beep. Beep!!!! :lol:
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:48 pm

appledore wrote:Hedge runner beep. Beep!!!! :lol:

WOW! So cool, and the bird ain't bad either. :mrgreen:

Great photo apples. :)
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi Will. I think Mr. Pheasant has gone to the big nest in the sky. We heard shots the other day in the field behind our garden, and he hasn't been seen or heard since. :(
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby arborlad » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:28 pm

appledore wrote:Hi Will. I think Mr. Pheasant has gone to the big nest in the sky. We heard shots the other day in the field behind our garden, and he hasn't been seen or heard since. :(

Pheasant season ended Feb 1st.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Your Garden