Squatters loophole to be closed

Landlords and tenants can share their problems and give each other mutual support

Squatters loophole to be closed

Postby gardenlaw » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:05 pm

I have just read this
"Squatters will no longer get legal aid to fight home owners trying to evict them from properties. Proposals set out in theSentencing, Legal Aid and Punishment of Offenders Bill will close a loophole in the law that allows squatters to use legal aid to fight evictions in court, leaving landlords to foot the bill for their own legal costs."
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Squatters loophole to be closed

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:24 pm

gardenlaw wrote:I have just read this
"Squatters will no longer get legal aid to fight home owners trying to evict them from properties. Proposals set out in theSentencing, Legal Aid and Punishment of Offenders Bill will close a loophole in the law that allows squatters to use legal aid to fight evictions in court, leaving landlords to foot the bill for their own legal costs."

Fantastic, now all we need is to be able to smoke them out without penalty.
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby appledore » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:50 pm

I think I'd murder someone if they squatted in our house, I wouldn't be able to help myself. :evil: How is it it's wrong to break into someone's house to steal something yet squatters can break in and take up residence and the police can't do anything about it? Although there was a programme on TV about it, and apparently they get someone else to break in then they can't
charged with breaking and entering. Even when you managed to get them evicted and the place cleaned up it would never feel like home again. :(
Keep calm and carry on.
appledore

Postby despair » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:27 pm

It cant come soon enough but they ought to add that Police can evict the Squatters instantly it should not need Court Cases to get back your own home
despair

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Wouldn't it be terrible if squatters were in a house with super glued locks and a deadly fire started. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh how funny it would be if boards were on the windows too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry but squatters are the scum of the earth, for them to have any rights is a joke! I watched a program about them too, they have no shame and not one shred of decency. :x
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby Mattylad » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:01 pm

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:Wouldn't it be terrible if squatters were in a house with super glued locks and a deadly fire started.

Well kind of.... but then you'd have a burnt out house to return to. :)

Cut off the water, gas & electricity.

Myself I prefer to buy a new door. :wink:
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
Mattylad

Postby despair » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Squatters and gypsies/travellers too have not one shred of decency and we should throw them all out
despair

Postby Conveyancer » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:30 pm

So what should be the penalty for a landlord who pulls the stunt of letting property and then, when he wants it back, going to the police and telling them it has been squatted in and getting them to evict a lawful tenant?
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Postby Mattylad » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Wont a lawful tenant have a contract or rent book/proof of being a lawful tenant?
Any comments I give here are my own opinions, for legal advise check with a qualified solicitor.
Mattylad

Postby Conveyancer » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Mattylad wrote:Wont a lawful tenant have a contract or rent book/proof of being a lawful tenant?

Not necessarily.
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Landlord and Tenant