Bliidy fences :(

Landlords and tenants can share their problems and give each other mutual support

Bliidy fences :(

Postby catapult1 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:56 am

Our tenants contacted the agent who looks after our house and said the wind has blown one of the fence pannels off.

We are in the process of getting another one but the tenant has been hassling us as they have a dog to keep in.

We don't normaly allow pets and certainly not dogs but they were a nice couple!!. I think next time we will stick to not pets/dogs and possibly include that the fences are there as a social nicety and not a right lol but not sure we could do that lol
My answers are not of a legal nature, only what I consider to be common sense.
catapult1

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Bliidy fences :(

Postby arborlad » Fri May 04, 2012 10:23 am

catapult1 wrote:............................ the fences are there as a social nicety ...............

...............really??

The fence is there to show where your land stops and the neighbour's land starts - lots of other ancillary uses but that is their prime function.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby catapult1 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:39 am

Considering we are told often on this site, that unless specificly stated you do not have to put a fence up if you don't want to, then yes a social nicety is how I would discribe it.

You could mark you boundry with a line of bricks in the soil.
My answers are not of a legal nature, only what I consider to be common sense.
catapult1

Postby arborlad » Fri May 04, 2012 12:28 pm

catapult1 wrote:Considering we are told often on this site, that unless specificly stated you do not have to put a fence up if you don't want to, then yes a social nicety is how I would discribe it.

You could mark you boundry with a line of bricks in the soil.

'...............then yes a social nicety is how I would discribe it.'

..............then hold onto that thought when your lack of a 'social nicety' allows an adjoing landowner to erect a 'boundary feature' on your land.

'You could mark you boundry with a line of bricks in the soil.'

Yes, and I've done it many times in an open plan, front garden, type of scenario - in a rear garden?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Return to Landlord and Tenant