Pinkie's posts

Pinkie's posts

Postby gardenlaw » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:49 pm

We have been alerted to the fact that pinkie has completely removed the content of every one of their posts from the forum. We thought it advisable to let you know so you don't think that we are responsible for this.

This is against the spirit of the forum when so many people give their time and expertise to help members who are often going through difficult times. Removing posts in this way disrupts the flow of the thread and often makes a nonsense of them.

Gardenlaw is a resource for people and to remove posts also removes this resource.

We are most upset by this and have now restricted the time for editing and deleting posts to 60 minutes after the posts have been submitted. We had relaxed the period for editing to assist members but this is how we have been repaid! This is no reflection on any of you as you have always respected the need to keep posts in the threads.

gardenlaw
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Pinkie's posts

Postby Treeman » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:55 pm

gardenlaw wrote:We have been alerted to the fact that pinkie has completely removed the content of every one of their posts from the forum. We thought it advisable to let you know so you don't think that we are responsible for this.

This is against the spirit of the forum when so many people give their time and expertise to help members who are often going through difficult times. Removing posts in this way disrupts the flow of the thread and often makes a nonsense of them.

Gardenlaw is a resource for people and to remove posts also removes this resource.

We are most upset by this and have now restricted the time for editing and deleting posts to 60 minutes after the posts have been submitted. We had relaxed the period for editing to assist members but this is how we have been repaid! This is no reflection on any of you as you have always respected the need to keep posts in the threads.

gardenlaw

I think rather than considering this "payment" it might be worth taking a moment to consider what prompted someone to take such drastic action
Treeman

Postby katee » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:48 pm

I agree,

Garden law, I feel your post comes across as quite harsh.

I do not know the reasons for Pinkie to delete all their posts ( maybe you do), but I feel we should respect their decision without question.

Regards.
Katee
Proper job my bewties................................................. Cheers 'n' gone!
katee

Postby arsie » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Well, I for one must admit to having had heated debate with Pinkie in the past. I (rightly) got a ban for bad language when I suggested we should stop 'spamming' the original poster's topic and we should both shut up.

Pinkie must have a really serious reason for taking his posts away.
arsie

Postby arborlad » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:34 am

I found all of Pinkie's posts to be correct, which makes it a sad reflection on something that Pinkie took almost two hours of concerted effort to edit all of those correct posts to: :?: Up until 1:16PM yesterday, Pinkie was still an active member of this forum, now - nothing!!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby gardenlaw » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Why pinkie removed their posts is a complete mystery to us too!
gardenlaw
Site Admin

Postby span » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Bad Pinkie!

So, why not do a restore from backup, GL? Your dba/admin guy does do regular backups, doesn't s/he?
span

Postby COGGY » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:26 pm

I think it is very sad that Pinkie has removed all their posts. However as this has been done it would not appear to be right to simply put them back on from back up. Pinkie's wishes should surely be respected. Garden Law, could you contact Pinkie and ask why this has been done?
COGGY

Postby MacadamB53 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi,

Although I too have had the odd 'exchange' with pinkie, I do recall pinkie expressed a firm anti-editing view so this turn of events is very surprising (the irony being the imposing on everyone else of a shorter time to edit our posts).

We must remember of course, this has been carried out by someone using the logon for the username 'pinkie' which might not necessarily by the same person who composed the posts using the same...

Bemused regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby COGGY » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:07 am

Thank you for confirming this fact,which I have suspected for some time. Pinkie/Cloudyeyes contributed much to this site. Have you considered contacting them Garden Law?
Coggy
COGGY

Postby Treeman » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

COGGY wrote:Thank you for confirming this fact,which I have suspected for some time. Pinkie/Cloudyeyes contributed much to this site. Have you considered contacting them Garden Law?
Coggy

How do you know that's a fact???
Treeman

Postby COGGY » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:46 am

I do not know for certain. However "Pinkie" appeared after Cloudyeyes left and there appeared to me to be a certain similarity in the construction of their posts. I thought Cloudyeyes contributed a great deal to this site. We may not always agree with each others comments but I did think Cloudyeyes was treated unfairly. That is of course only my personal opinion.

Coggy
COGGY

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Pinkie/Cloudyeyes contributed much to this site.

In the short time I've been active on this site I found pinkie unhelpful and unkind towards certain posters - typically those who held an alternative opinion/view to pinkie's. I'd go as far as to say in some 'exchanges' pinkie could be described as being vindictive.

Nevertheless, that does not to detract from pinkie's overall attempts to help the OPs.

As for cloudyeyes' contribution, either I've misunderstood the capabilities of the "search user's posts" function (which is certainly possible :) ) or else I don't see much of a contribution.

With regards to the purging of pinkie's content, I'll repeat - this may well have been done by a different individual to the one who composed the posts - all that is required is the logon details and a motive.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby COGGY » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:48 pm

If the posts were deleted by another person, I would expect Pinkie to make this fact known to Garden Law and it does appear that this is the case.

Coggy
COGGY

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:41 pm

COGGY wrote:If the posts were deleted by another person, I would expect Pinkie to make this fact known to Garden Law.

You are misunderstanding my point.

If, for example, my better half did not approve of the amount of time I spent on this forum and things came to a head at, say 2am one night, she might demand I stop using the forum and demand to know my logon details. She could then logon as me, delete my content, change my password and exit.

Marriage saved. Just an example :)

and it does appear that this is the case

Not so - I made gardenlaw aware earlier this week.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to News