Stolen Planter and window box returned

Stolen Planter and window box returned

Postby Kitty » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:46 pm

Hello everyone

This is not a complaint or a problem just a bit of good news.

In September I had a window manger (one of three) and a large terracotta pot (one of five) stolen from outside of my house, I know I am stupid for putting them there in the first place but they look nice. Anyhow I had the foresight to put my house name and postcode on all of them. I reported the incident to the police and thought no more of it. In November on the way home from collecting the horses rugs we thought we would stop for some chips in a neighbouring village................guess what was on the house next door to the chip shop........my pot and manger!!!!! They looked very nice too :) I knocked on the door but no reply (I dont know what I would have said if anyone was in) phoned police when I got in, did not take them from the property, cos I could be done for stealing, the police went round and the chappie said that he had bought them at a car boot sale!! so unfortunately he is out of pocket but I have my planters back and the policeman said "what a good idea to put your postcode on them!!!"

The moral of this story...If you are gonna put plants ouside of your house put your postcode on them........... :D :D

Kitty (well it took my mind off our Bully Boy neighbours)
Kitty

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Angelisle » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:16 pm

Good news for you Kitty and a very clever idea to put your postcode on the plant pots.
Angelisle

Postby syckend » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:38 pm

Yes: well done Kitty for posting this easy and sensible idea. Glad you got your propert back.
I advise as an experienced layman whose dispute via Courts lasted 5+yrs. Try to avoid this route©
syckend

Re: Stolen Planter and window box returned

Postby Beech » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:14 pm

Kitty wrote:The moral of this story...If you are gonna put plants ouside of your house put your postcode on them........... :D :D

Good idea :D
Beech

Postby Pennyfarthing » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:41 am

Great idea Kitty - I'm off to do that now!!
Pennyfarthing

Postby play2day » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:36 pm

Super idea, Thanks!
play2day

Return to News