Taking a break

Taking a break

Postby Conveyancer » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:11 pm

I find I am out of sympathy with the tone that this site has taken recently. I have struggled against it, but I have got to the stage where my desire to help people has finally been overwhelmed by the indignation I feel at some of the comments made. I do not of course challenge the right of people to say what they do, though sometimes I wish they would say it differently. I just feel I need to take a rest for a while.
Conveyancer

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby despair » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:20 pm

If I have upset you I sure did not mean to

One thing is sure theres going to be many people who will miss your "legal take" on the complex things that crop up

But like everyone you need a break so enjoy the sunshine and smell the roses for a while
despair

Postby andrew54 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:52 am

Have I missed something here? (June is a busy month for me)

Who has upset Conveyancer and how?

Come back you son of a North Riding lady!

andrew54

Postby carpinus » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:38 am

Conveyancer, please don't be too long. Your knowledge, humour & intuitive feel for the nub (sp?) of a problem is both educating & entertaining.
I fear I have expressed my intolerance of what I perceived to be 2nd hand 'advice' being posted by others (not Conveyancer) without the basis being tested or questioned.
If I have been unfriendly I apologise.
carpinus

Postby MooCow » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:01 pm

no no !!!! (sobing uncontrollably now) please don't go.
MooCow

Postby Puzzled » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:42 pm

Conveyancer, I think this is a real shame. Your input into this site is invaluable. After all, where can you get good free advice in this day and age, and to have someone like yourself (a retired professional) on a discussion forum is a great asset. You have always been a voice of reason, and I for one have appreciated your efforts of recent weeks to attempt to get one or two of our contributors to take a more measured approach.

Unfortunately, there are a few who seem either obsessed with particular "pet hates" (and I don't just mean cats) or they are deeply deeply unhappy with virtually everything in their lives.

I shall certainly miss your contributions and have on many occasion just read the posts that you have replied to, if I am short of time, as I know that they will be of value and interest.
Puzzled

Postby Maverick.uk » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:01 pm

Sad day, take it easy dood :)

Mav
Maverick.uk

Postby Conveyancer » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:55 pm

How odd! I thought this thread had been locked. I am also sure that the last time I read it at least some of the messages were different. Thank you everyone for your thoughts.

Anyway, just to let you know I shall be away for a fortnight from tomorrow - South Lincs. Then I shall be back in Spain for a fortnight, but with a guest. Then I shall be back in the UK for a week- Eastbourne - no not on the seafront with the retired colonels - I know someone there.
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Postby despair » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:43 pm

Hope you enjoy your break in hot hot hot UK
despair

Postby carpinus » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:16 pm

conveyancer, I think your original post was duplicated in another forum so that there were two sets of comments running.
Enjoy your world tour!
carp.
carpinus

Postby Conveyancer » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:20 am

Away for 2/3 weeks.
If you have benefited from advice on this site please consider contributing to a cancer charity.
Conveyancer

Postby Conveyancer » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:34 pm

Away for another week.
Conveyancer

Postby voiceofthemysteron » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:54 pm

Conveyancer wrote:Away for another week.

Have a good one 8)

He who fishes in another man's well often catches crab
voiceofthemysteron

Postby Conveyancer » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:47 pm

Away until the end of the month.
Conveyancer

Postby Conveyancer » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:45 pm

I have been taking a break.

I am having problems with my email account and have changed it.

At the moment I cannot get into my old account, or if I do everything freezes. If you have sent me an email that has not been answered please send it again to the new email address.
Conveyancer

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to News