correct posting in the right forums

correct posting in the right forums

Postby bradscottjames » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:49 am

Having read many posting with very good advice being offered, there appears to be alot of posting that are not under the appropriate forums which obviously is causing people to be rebuked unfairly. and appears to be upsetting people!!
Consideration should be given to new members that are new to the site and are still trying to find their way around. Often advice sort can be of a general nature that might include a morjority of topics Ie trees, hedges, boundary disputes, which may be able to be addressed under the same umbrella, unless very specific.

Rather then rebuke and cause ill feeling it would be pertinant to politely advise the poster which catogory their posting should be applied so they can edit or transfer there Q&A to the appropriate forum.

In an ideal world it would be good if someone could sift through all postings and put them in to the appropriate forums, most posting are of a similar content and could be addressed under varies headings

People all share different views, idealogies, and have different agendas. As the saying goes one mans meat is another mans poison.

Perhaps we can have guidence notes to help new members to negotiate their way around the site. That would be a good contribution from the members who remain crytical and vocal when people make mistakes.

On a scale of one to ten, when people are being killed all over the world and people starving, I think there are more important issues then being dogmatic about incorrect postings!

:shock:
bradscottjames

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Treeman » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:38 pm

Rather then rebuke and cause ill feeling it would be pertinant to politely advise the poster which catogory their posting should be applied so they can edit or transfer there Q&A to the appropriate forum.

Oh come on Brad. Pick up your teddy
Your first posting was big and messy as well as being full of dubious allegations. Angelisle was most diplomatic and pointed out the error of your ways. At that point you should have looked at what you were doing and taken a little more care instead of continuing the bull in a china shop thing.

In an ideal world it would be good if someone could sift through all postings and put them in to the appropriate forums, most posting are of a similar content and could be addressed under varies headings

If you have the time to do that there is a job for you. I use what time I DONATE to this site to help people. If you confuse postings, people will be re answering questions because you mucked things up. If people took a little time before posting the collating would be unnecessary.

Stop being over sensitive and get on with the matter at hand.

Treeman
Treeman

Postby ANGRY » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:35 pm

Well said Treeman,

Wish I could write letters like that, brill, amazing aren't they words.....walks away ......muttering.

8)
ANGRY

Postby nigelrb » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:34 am

Hi Brad.

On a scale of one to ten, when people are being killed all over the world and people starving, I think there are more important issues then being dogmatic about incorrect postings!

Quite correct . . .Then why are you pursuing this with so much venom??
nigelrb

Return to News