hedgeline

hedgeline

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:33 pm

http://www.hedgeline.co.uk/ appears to be dead and up for sale?

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Tree Lover » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:31 pm

Try www.hedgeline.org instead.That was up and running the other day.
Tree Lover

Postby syckend » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:13 am

This is the offical Hedgeline website. www.hedgeline.org

TheY have had a lot of trouble from alternative websites and at least one site from 'privet' seems to be causing trouble - so be careful. I AM JUST WARNING USERS OF THE FORUM ABOUT THAT
I advise as an experienced layman whose dispute via Courts lasted 5+yrs. Try to avoid this route©
syckend

Postby twig » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:40 am

What's a rogue dialler?

There are two sides to every argument.
twig

Postby syckend » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:49 am

Despair says there's a rogue dialler. It dials 090 numbers so you end up with huge telephone bills. Check your number when you go online to make sure the phone number hasn't been altered.
And privet we don't have a sense of humour as some malicious individual planted a virus in our server causing the forum to crash and lose valuable data. Some things aren't funny so go and play your clever games in someone else's backyard.
I advise as an experienced layman whose dispute via Courts lasted 5+yrs. Try to avoid this route©
syckend

Postby Treeman » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:14 pm

Well I for one thought it was amusing. It made me smile on a riany morning.

For the information of those who want the info the domain HEDGELINE.NET is registered to TUCOWS INC. www.tucows.com and hosted by them stateside. Just because they are the registrants doesn’t mean they own it or are responsible for the content but you can complain to them about it.

What it does mean is that whoever does own it doesn’t want to put their names in the public domain. The way this is set up they are protected by the Data Protection Act.

Whoever built the site went overboard on the features and used free resources from the following (yes I have been fishing around in your code)
HTML compiler: from www.homestead.com (SiteBuilder)
Java Applications: www.DynamicDrive.com
Web counter: http://free.RealTracker.com/

Is anyone out there still on dialup? The dialler tone was amusing but only 6 tones so not even out of your area code, and hardly a complete number. I can understand how it could be alarming though. The new elevator music is “nice”

Treeman
Treeman

Postby Angelisle » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:25 pm

Thanks for the revised info Treeman,
Is anyone out there still on dialup?

ISP was upgrading our mbps this morning and panic set in when emails were received but I was unable to respond. Good to see we can still use www.hedgeline.org
Angelisle

Postby nigelrb » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:32 pm

Hey Treeman! ever heard the saying, 'Too much knowledge is dangerous?'

Will people ever take notice of me an Mav anymore?

Cheers, Nigel
Life is never what it seems; there is always two sides to every story.
nigelrb

Reply to Treeman

Postby Privit » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:57 pm

Hi Treeman,

Shalom, and good on yer sport!

Homestead always need a plug, and as we use it to design websites then we welcome your bringing this remarkable technology to the attention of others.

They have a great package using techno which can be readily understood by the novice as well. The best on the market.

Complain away if you must, but be prepared to get some back in return. We live in a democracy, and are all entitled to our views. Try to stifle ours and we will return the compliment. :lol:

Anyone else who wants to check us put can go to www.whois.com It's that difficult !! Or just click view and source in Windows XP. Didn't everyone know that?

Still, it made you smile which is what was intended. There are too many complainers and free loaders around.

Rogue dialers indeed. Well, that made us laugh as well. Can't tell a dialer from a wav file. You managed to work it out though, so all is not lost. :wink:

We actually have always promoted the new Hedge Legislation but take issue with those who think that it is their personal law, and that no-one else must have a view not totally in line with theirs. The law does what it is intended to do and will solve a lot of problems for a lot of people. Continuing to gripe and hijack this legislation does not further the cause but dilutes it.

We wish all those with a genuine problem total success. Those with imaginary problems who just want a freebie pot shot at their neighbors, well you just aint going to get it.

So come on then, send us a few more jokes. We'll sure publish them.

P.S. We don't do viruses either. Wouldn't know how. There really are some "Polaroid" people out there. And another thing. The first thing one normally does in a neighbor dispute is check the Deeds for Easements and Covenants, before launching into proceedings. Both the "Experienced Layman" and those advising him, trumpet loudly their deficiency, (or cunning) in this respect methinks.
Walter goes to Wednesbury.
Privit

Postby Privit » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:04 am

Sorry Treeman,

Just forgot. Before you all rush to use Homestead, to sign up for the web package of the 21st century, it is not free, :cry: far from it, so let's clear that up before we get even more complaints from the free loaders. How else could we make a living?

You could do worse than use it though.
Privit

Postby twig » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:02 am

Lol, for what it's worth I thought the site was funny too, but I suppose it's easy to laugh when it's not aimed at you.

If you're interested in a little constructive criticism, the java applet that runs the scrolling text takes an age to load and makes getting into the site a real grind. Also the DHTML doesn't work in Mozilla so that the pictures end up in front of the text.

Other than that, thanks for the larf!
twig

Postby Privit » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:44 am

Hi Twig,

Sorry about the scroller applet, but with an adsl connection it should be ok. Some say that it scrolls too fast when it loads!! If that is the case, then we can slow it down. Content also slows the load time down. We have to cater for the majority unfortunately. We try to avoid some of the latest cgi etc so that our sites work for the majority of people. Nothing's perfect though.

Our client really is on the side of the people with a problem caused by Hedges, but feels that "overkill" by certain factions is undoing the good work already done, and results acheived.

He/She would rather that people laugh at this site instead of laughing at people who undermine a much needed and necessary law, and who attract ridicule as a result, which of course does not benefit anyone with a real problem.

We ourselves are impartial bit if you like the way the site is set out and you want to have a go yourself, then have a play with Homestead. (You can have a play around for a month free). You may find that you find a new vocation constructing web sites. Meanwhile, just join in and make a few contributions. Keep it clean and we will publish for you.

Thanks for the comments. Constructive criticism and feed back is always appreciated.

Good luck to all at Garden Law Discussion. :D
Privit

Postby twig » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:46 pm

I am on ADSL... once it loads the scroll does go fast, I can just about keep up with it but it's the time it takes to load, I'm impatient!

He/She would rather that people laugh at this site instead of laughing at people who undermine a much needed and necessary law, and who attract ridicule as a result, which of course does not benefit anyone with a real problem.

Your client would be better placed to take that particular high ground if he/she wasn't naming names on the site. I understand the principle though.
twig

Postby DavidS » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:08 pm

has to be libellous doesn't it?
DavidS

Postby Privit » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:54 pm

DavidS wrote:has to be libellous doesn't it?

All the sites naming "bullies" and showing photographs will all have to sue each other then. Should be interesting. Libel ? Where is the untruth ? Maybe if you paid a lawyer he could answer your question. More "Don't do as I do. Do as I say. What a load of "carpers" keep surfacing here. You made your statement, are you now hoping someone will fire your bullet for you? If you are sure of your ground, then YOU do it.
Privit

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Next

Return to News