Football

Football

Postby amit » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:31 am

amit

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby paddy's mum » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:52 am

Couldn't agree more - and the lady in question has more than one legal action going on!

It's come to a pretty pass when the most wholesome activities are the subject of litigation. What is so abnormal about playing a bit of footie with one's child. The same people who object are no doubt the ones who so readily complain about the 'youth of today' and the perceived problem of 'working mothers'!

On Jeremy Vine yesterday was a discussion about making penknives illegal as they "could" be used as an offensive weapon. At the weekend, it was reported that a young Dublin woman is in hospital in Edinburgh (?) with severe spinal injuries sustained when someone dropped a traffic cone on her from a height. No doubt, we shall now see a demand for laws outlawing traffic cones.

Almost anything can be used as a weapon - table knife, broken glass, dog lead, snapped off windscreen wiper - the problem lies with the wielder, not with the article.

Political correctness (and other assorted stupidities) have gone mad in this country but people do still exercise their commonsense and still prefer to use the old, inoffensive terms - what on earth is wrong with chairman or chairwoman - why need they be called chairperson. By the same PC reasoning, there should no longer be actor/actress, executor/executrice, king/queen etc. Surely we should not have the terms man and woman but persons nor husband and wife but spouses! It would give the bible a whole new life "and God created person and then created person to be his comfort" or "Lot's spouse was turned to stone". How about The Merry Spouses of Windsor or Shakespeare's play Monarch Henry V, or (as Stan Freberg so eloquently put it) Elderly Person River - the list could go on and on, getting more farcical by the minute!

However (rant over!) as we struggle to find the money to pay for legal advice in defending our property from our neighbour, I should be interested to know where the lady in the football case gets her money. Perhaps she'd like to come and fight our case for us at her own expense, or better still, as appears to have happened in this case, get the taxpayer to foot the bill!
paddy's mum

Postby horse » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:54 pm

However (rant over!) as we struggle to find the money to pay for legal advice in defending our property from our neighbour, I should be interested to know where the lady in the football case gets her money. Perhaps she'd like to come and fight our case for us at her own expense, or better still, as appears to have happened in this case, get the taxpayer to foot the bill!
My sentiments exactly!
horse

Postby obscured by clouds » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:03 pm

I have to laugh... since it's the "hang'em and flog 'em" Daily Mail, bastion of all things 'Little England' that's covering the case........
obscured by clouds

Postby amit » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:17 pm

amit

Postby paddy's mum » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:39 pm

Good afternoon.

This football case is ludicrous. We now have (in The Times) the following paragraph -

'Ms Lawson feared that she would face "harrowing" legal costs bills .. the judges said she would not have to pay as the court would order costs out of central funds'.

Am I missing something here ... c'mon Judges .. I want to stop my neighbour stealing my land ... can you please order him not to do so ... and then, by the way, my bank is Barclays in Blanktown, account number ABCD 1234!!!

Given that so many on this site are absolutely in the right, legally and morally, and yet say that they are struggling to find the money to preserve their own rights/properties, how on earth can these Judges possibly justify awarding costs out of central funds .. for which read you and me!

So many times one reads the warning 'think carefully before you commence a legal action .. you may lose and then face a huge costs bill'. No doubt that deters many but, take comfort guys .. make sure your case is heard by the Judges in question, and then Bob's your Uncle and the money's in your bank!!!!
paddy's mum

Postby black dog » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:52 pm

She should treat herself to a remortgage - after all £450K for a one bedroom flat - im sure she can afford it. As you say if you cannot afford the costs /perceived costs then don't fight the case. Why should the tax payer fund this when many- as you rightly say- on this forum have to find the money themselves or struggle with incompetant people.
black dog

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to News