OnLine Land Registry Applications STOPPED

OnLine Land Registry Applications STOPPED

Postby subjecttocontract » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:23 pm

Almost everything I say is tinged with irony !
subjecttocontract

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby BETTYBOO » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi STC

Thanks for posting this it is very interesting and a good idea......

.... but I still find it hard to believe that any Tom, Dick or Harry can go and apply to the LR to get such details on who holds my mortgage and how much it is for! This is one reason we suffered so much persecution from my mad neighbour as he was able to write to the supplier of my mortage and cause all sorts of trouble for us. We had the embarresing situation of having to explain the full situation to them, we put a stop to it by telling them the truth of the matter and they were very understanding but it could have been much worse and caused us so much anxiety and stress

I think apart from the actual deeds, if anyone is applying for such details on mortages etc they should have to request permission from the owner of that mortage that it is appropriate for such a person to have such details. What does anyone else think?

BB
BETTYBOO

Postby voiceofthemysteron » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:42 am

voiceofthemysteron

Postby WILL*REMAIN*STRONG » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:35 am

BETTYBOO wrote:I think apart from the actual deeds, if anyone is applying for such details on mortages etc they should have to request permission from the owner of that mortage that it is appropriate for such a person to have such details. What does anyone else think?

BB

I agree that apart from deeds to be able to clear up boundary issues and the like, to request mortgage information is very strange and intrusive!

I don't like to think why a person needs such information, BB you have had a nasty experience because of it, all these things are open to abuse and it is quite worrying.

WILL
WILL*REMAIN*STRONG

Postby patdavies » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:42 am

BETTYBOO wrote:I think apart from the actual deeds, if anyone is applying for such details on mortages etc they should have to request permission from the owner of that mortage that it is appropriate for such a person to have such details. What does anyone else think?

BB

The 'owner' of any mortgage is the lending intitution that granted it.
patdavies

Postby patdavies » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:45 am

WILL*REMAIN*STRONG wrote:
I agree that apart from deeds to be able to clear up boundary issues and the like, to request mortgage information is very strange and intrusive!

I don't like to think why a person needs such information, BB you have had a nasty experience because of it, all these things are open to abuse and it is quite worrying.

WILL

Other financial institutions will need it if the owner is applying for secured finance.

It is needed statistically to track house prices and mortgages.
patdavies

Postby stringrae » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:56 am

Very interesting. But Pat you say that the mortgage belongs to the financial institution which I understand but it still shows there is a mortgage on a property or not. In the article from Times Online that VOTM posted it says that financial institutions are much more willing to lend on a property which currently has no mortgage on it and fraudsters can still get this informaton - as in the case of the Charltons - so although they have stopped showing signatures etc this is still a security risk?
stringrae

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to News