Drainage

New Topic!

Drainage

Postby humph » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:59 am

We bought a new (expensive) house 12 months ago. Soon after moving in, I asked the builder to show me where the drainage within my boundary runs as I did not believe it was in accordance with the plans I had. The builder cannot tell me where they have laid the drains beyond the last manhole/inspection chamber. They refuse to do a location survey suggesting this is my responsibility. I suspect they have connected my drains to a neighbours drains and also have combined storm and foul drains whereas originally they were supposed to be separate. On the drawing I have, my drains should go straight out to the street and connect via separate manholes into the main separate sewer(s). The manholes are there in our lawn but I don't think my drains run that way. I have contacted the Local Authority but they are not helpful and cannot provide me with any information. I even believe they are telling lies about inspecting the drains when they were laid. I could spend £200 to find out where my drains are but why should I ? Also, if as I suspect the drains have been connected to my neighbour's drains then it runs under a hard landscaped area and under a retaining wall. All of which I have raised with the Local Council and suggesting there may be a breach of Building Regulations and Planning Consents given to the builder but all I get is, well nothing. NHBC are useless and simply say they are an insurance company. We don't have a problem with our drains but in the event that there ever is a problem at least you should know where the drains run from and to.
humph

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Drainage

Postby arborlad » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:24 am

humph wrote: The manholes are there in our lawn but I don't think my drains run that way.

Have you lifted any of those covers and looked?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi humph,

[i]I could spend £200 to find out where my drains are but why should I ?[/i]

because you want to find out where your drains are...

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby cobdale » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:04 pm

lol straight to the point as usual mac
cobdale

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:06 pm

Hi cobdale,

long time, no hear (or should that be read?)

hope you're well.

Warm regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Return to Flooding