Neighbours pond flooding my garden

New Topic!

Neighbours pond flooding my garden

Postby Debra50 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi, I hope someone can help as I don't know what to do. Recently over the past few weeks I noticed water seeping down the garden path and borders and lawn totally water logged. Unsure as what it was I first thought it was from bad weather but as we've not had rain for a few weeks I knew it couldn't be that as it was fresh flowing water. Anyway I noticed my neighbours in his garden messing around with his pond which he put in around September last year just before the summer was over. He was raking around the empty pond and on his phone probably getting advice about an issue and over the next 2 days my garden started drying out. My husband approached him and mentioned our flooded garden and he immediately went on the defensive stating his pond wasn't leaking and it had nothing to do with him. Well, yesterday he filled it back up and I woke up today to my garden being swamped again so I told him. He said his pond isn't leaking, his garden is dry do it must be something in my garden but I've lived here 14 years and not had this happen before. I really need some advice on what I can do, who I can contact to find out where this water is coming from as I'm stressed to hell with it now. I can't even get out and now the law as it's like standing on a wet sponge.
Debra50

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Neighbours pond flooding my garden

Postby despair » Wed May 03, 2017 11:16 pm

clearly the neighbour is living in cloud cuckoo land
if water is flooding your land it has to be leaking from his pond and he must be continually filling it

i suggest you request he comes round himself to see the problem
or you need to lean over the fence and watch his pond empty and take photos
despair

Postby arborlad » Fri May 05, 2017 8:46 am

Debra50 wrote: He was raking around the empty pond ..............

This has to raise some questions about a pond that is only a few months old, what is the construction of the pond?

It could be the pond isn't leaking, but the alternative is that it is being pumped out without being discharged into a proper drain and ending up on your land.

A chlorine test strip will prove it is tap water, a dye test will prove his pond is the source.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Debra50 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi and thanks for the replies :-) my husband brought the neighbour into our garden to show him the flood water and he stood there and said it must be a pipe in my garden as his is dry!!!!! no pipes in my garden lol. his pond is one of them small plastic things the size of a kids paddling pool and him and his mate who are both heavy, daily drinkers ( alcoholics to be blunt) put the pond in last september but hes only filled it recently. i dont think he has drainage for it, i have seen a flat hose type thing ran down the garden from it and into the drain for the gutters at the back of his house but this was when i first noticed the flooding and the same time i seen him raking around in it. He knocked a few days ago and said he had phoned the waterboard and as the flooding was in my garden and not his, i had to phone them to arrange for them to inspect the flooding so they are coming on 23rd may. He is now avoiding me when im out in the garden. my husband asked him not to fill it for a week to see if our garden dried out and 2 days later it was dry enough for me to mow the lawn so i was happy with that but unfortunately, the next day whilst i was at work he filled it and flooded my garden again, i feel like pulling my hair out its really affecting my nerves but we just cant get through to him because hes always filled with alcohol. just hope waterboard point the finger at him so he has to do something about it
Debra50

Return to Flooding