neighbour is diverting the stream pipe away from my propert

New Topic!

neighbour is diverting the stream pipe away from my propert

Postby sushine girl » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:14 am

A couple of days ago I saw the new owners of the property up the road talking with the new owners of the property lower down the mountain,
They have now started digging out the old rain water drain , this used to be open many years ago, but to make their field more easy to manage it was put into a pipe this leads down the hill into my property and into my stream and pond then out the other side of the pond down to the river,
the other neighbour has said he wants the water diverting as when it overflows, only because it is not cleared of debri, which i actually do on a regular basis in the winter,
does the land owner have the right to divert this water away from my property,
I should point out the lower new neighbour will not cure the problem if this water is diverted as he is at the bottom of the mountain, although it would reduce the amount slightly if the gully is blocked,
the lower neighbour has asked me if he can put in a drain across my property leading to the lower part past his property, this would be a far better idea, as this being nearer would in fact take most excess water away, but it seems now he has decided to get the higher neighbour to divert my water supply,
any advice appreciated,
sushine girl

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: neighbour is diverting the stream pipe away from my pro

Postby sushine girl » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi,
Thank you for looking at my post, The problem has been solved over tea and cake, Amazing when other people tell you how bad and unapproachable people are, and then you find they are just the opposite,
thank you
sushine girl

Re: neighbour is diverting the stream pipe away from my pro

Postby span » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:42 pm

True that.

Out of interest, what was the solution?
span

Return to Flooding