Is there anything i can do about this?

Re: Is there anything i can do about this?

Postby jonahinoz » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:24 am

Hi,

Does the vegetation in the neighbour's garden suggest that this is not a retaining wall? If it isn't, the fence and wall combined should not exceed 2 metres.

My neighbour's kids had one of those trampolines. His 6 year old lad would climb onto his shed roof, and jump into the trampoline. Kids without fear terrify me.

jonahinoz

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby despair » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:40 pm

will post a photo
its only had one quick spray with Resolve so dont think mixing is really an issue they just want best way to stop the thing
despair

Postby jonahinoz » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi,

What you want is a bloke with a stump grinder, but it won't be cheap. I was quoted £80 to get rid of a 9" dia stump.

John W
jonahinoz

Postby despair » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:20 pm

i know they need a stump grinder and have warned its likely to be a hefty sum
sadly they simply dont have that kind of cash
a friend has done a brilliant job of cutting it down to a flat surface and if they can kill the blighter they are happy to leave it
its surrounded by Euonymous and have a large round plantar that can sit on it
despair

Postby despair » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:25 pm

(IMG)http://i65tinypic.com/nqrlvr.jpg(IMG)

hope this works i reckon theres 20 stumps joined together
the shoots with red leaves are appearing all around the outside edge of the multiple joined stumps
no idea what the tree is /was but every time a shoot was cut more appeared around it
despair

Postby arborlad » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:11 am

despair wrote:(IMG)http://i65tinypic.com/nqrlvr.jpg(IMG)

hope this works i reckon theres 20 stumps joined together
the shoots with red leaves are appearing all around the outside edge of the multiple joined stumps
no idea what the tree is /was but every time a shoot was cut more appeared around it

Nope, hasn't worked.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby despair » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:42 pm

http://imgur.com/a/CVIPk

theres about 20 stems trunks all joined together all about 3inches in diameter
the red shoots and leaves appear all round the base and if left will simply become more trunks
cut one and another appears
got to find a way to kill the thing off without killing the Euonymous that surrounds and hides the large stump
despair

Postby jonahinoz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:17 am

cut one and another appears

That's called "copsing". Polarding is when you cut the branches higher up, to get a similar result. Both are used by the "alternative society" to give them a supply of firewood year after year.

Get a goat, nanny or "wally" (don't get a billy, you can taste them at 100 paces). Goat's are blamed for the planet's deserts, so one tree shouldn't be a problem. My grandfather was a lumberjack in the Sahara Forest, told me that goats put him out of business.

What would happen if you tied a young branch down, so it was dunked in a bucket of diesel?

John W
jonahinoz

Postby despair » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:50 pm

the new shoots are coming up everywhere and within the euonymous that surrounds the stump
theres no way you can have a goat in the garden it would eat everything in sight plus kill her 2 small dogs

every year the tree just kept producing new shoots and thus a new trunk so it got bigger and bigger and more of a b nuiscance
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Boundaries