Sources of plans

Sources of plans

Postby xoggoth » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:29 am

Having spent £35 getting copy of my deeds from the BS I was dissapointed to find the only plan was a very small scale one from the land registry. I assume this is the same one I would get from the website.

Are there any others sources?, for example, would the council have a copy of plans from when the house was built (1973).

Ta for any answers.
xoggoth

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby despair » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:14 pm

The planning Dept of your LA should have the 1973 plans on microfiche at least
I doubt they will have the devlopers original plans

There should also be a good ordinance survey large scale map available at your LA Planning office too
despair

Postby Cytania » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:53 am

Remember that the building plans from 1973 will be those used when your house was being developed, they may not reflect the actual layout constructed.

If your deed plans do not show detail then the way things originally were takes precedent. If a fence/wall/hedge is in place 12 years it becomes the defacto boundary. This is where old photos can be a real boon.
They cut down all the trees, put 'em in a tree museum and charged all the people just to see 'em
Cytania

Thanks

Postby xoggoth » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:25 pm

Much ta for these answers.
xoggoth

Return to Boundaries