Building Boundary

Building Boundary

Postby dipsy bellini » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:58 am

My neighbour has been granted planning permission to errect a house in his garden which borders mine. Firstly permission has been granted with out any plans being submitted as to where the house will sit on plot or how his retained plot will look. There are planning restrictions where we live (a small village) that state no new site shall be less than 0.25 acre and the curtliage of any retained site shall not be less than 0.50 acre. As his whole site is 0.70 acre he does not have enough land to fullfil this condition. Yet outline planning has been issued.
Secondly to get a house into a long narrow plot such as this, the new dwelling will have to be within 1.5 metres of my boundry which will be over looking my house and what is up to now a very private landscaped garden with expensive water features. I'm going to loose all my privacy.

Does anyone know the minimum boundary distance from a house to a hedge please?

Many Thanks
Dipsy
dipsy bellini

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby despair » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:35 pm

Sorry but there is no minimum distance for a house to be from a hedge or even a boundary

If the house is going to be alongside yours it could be slam up to the boundary

If its going to back onto your house/garden then usually theres a miniumum distance of about 12 metres from back of their house to yours

But much will depend on the planning officers in your area

You need to contact the Chief Planning Officer plus your local councillor and any other affected neighbours and see what can be done to minimise the effect on you
despair

Boundary

Postby dipsy bellini » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:43 pm

The house's will run side by side my north elevation with 2 windows to their south elevation.

When my own house was in the planning stage the neighbour who has just sold his garden, objected to the position of our house and instisted that it was 12 metres from the boundary hedge. This was upheld and we re-positioned our house.

When we raised an objection using his own/original objection as precident, we were told " it was tit for tat" and the objection was not upheld. If this was upheld it would be impossible for a house to fit in to his plot as its not 12metres wide.

But as yet we still do not know where this new dwelling will be, surely the planning office have an obligation to us,as affected neighbours to inform us of this? Otherwise how can we claim loss of aminty if we are kept in the dark, until detailed planning is submitted.
dipsy bellini

Postby despair » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:22 pm

Clearly a "nice person" your neighbour

Wants everything his own way regardless

You need to see the planners and get their views on what they will allow

then when detailed plans are put in you can make furthur representations
despair

Postby Danny » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:44 am

Is this small village classed as a Parish?
Danny

Boundary

Postby dipsy bellini » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:51 am

Hi Danny,

No, its a Hamlet within a Parish
dipsy bellini

Return to Boundaries