How To Establish Boundary?

Re: How To Establish Boundary?

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi PL,

It's a risky game declaring a boundary line without agreeing it with your neighbour first on a boundary that is not currently that clear.

what if the neighbouring land isn't occupied - still risky I'm sure, but what can you do...

anyway, I'm sure you said you were in agreement about the boundary so what gives?

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby arborlad » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:31 am

ParallelLines wrote:I appreciate the input but I don't have any need to measure anything on the boundary.

You've already had an example of your neighbour doing the measuring.............and it wasn't in your favour:

'This would mean he owns nearly a metre of our front garden and worringly it also puts our guttering at the front of the house only a few cm's from the boundary line'
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby ParallelLines » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd give an update because it is a long time since I have posted.

Well the news is I have sold the house. And the plans were approved for next door a month after. We stated the boundary was 'open' on our sellers form. We informed the buyers solicitors about the application but heard nothing and the sale went through without a hitch.

The situation is now this. I don't want to see my ex neighbours accidently building over the boundary line and ending up in some legal quagmire. They are relying on a planning guy who just took a line from the front post to an OS grid reference at the end of the front garden, whereas two RICS surveyors have told me the correct way is to start at the back post and project the line forward through the two other posts through to the front kerb.

Hopefully the two lines will be identical but what if they are not??? I tried to get this point over to my neighbour a number of times but he thought I was trying to get one over on him when I was infact only worried about their liability.

At the same time I am trying to help the new owners regarding the Party Wall Act and getting a schedule of condition if the PWA notice is not forthcoming. I started a separate thread about the PWA and am most grateful for the posts ukmicky gave on that thread.
ParallelLines

Postby ParallelLines » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Looking at the photo on page two, I have seen other houses very locally that had the final post adjacent to that front elevation, it would be a bit of a shock if the post were to emerge during the build and be on a different line to the plans.

I hope you can also see the potential issues for the new owners as regards the build, particularly regarding insurance and access.

I can't understand why their planning consultant didn't advise them to have it professionally surveyed, unless he is right and the surveyors I asked are wrong. But everybody I has spoken to says the boundary posts are the primary evidential source, so why not use them???
ParallelLines

Previous

Return to Boundaries