To build or not to build a fence – that is the question?

Re: To build or not to build a fence – that is the question?

Postby manutd99 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:12 pm

I hear you collab, confused and coggy. I have no choice but to do it now or lose it. OK this is it.... Just 1 question so its clear in my head, do I fence the full extent of the house from front to back as per the original deed dimensions (option1) or just the bit where there is no fence in the middle (option2)? This new fence (6ft heras fence) would be 1mm inside the visable boundary line and would sit behind my exitsing fencing at front and rear if 1st option is chosen. CCTV has been fitted this week and is recording everything in case of criminal damage. Very grateful indeed.
manutd99

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby Collaborate » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:07 pm

I'd do the whole length. since the middle section was removed the neighbour stopped excluding you from the whole of your land.
Collaborate

Postby manutd99 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Quick update - we built the fence extending the full length of the house last month. We made sure it was INSIDE the boundary line. The neighbour actually came out to have a look, did not object, actually went shopping like nothing had happened! wow.

However, neighbour told me now that he objects to the fence and that he's applied to the Land Registry to determine the boundary.

Recap - Both our original paper deeds have the dimensions written of my neighbours property in an attached boundary map - my fence is definitely built inside by a couple of inches.
Also, my neighbour surveyed his property to determine the boundary in 2015, did not share the conclusions, nor provided any part of it to the LR during the registration of his property a couple of months ago (they wrote to me to confirm no new dimensions had been provided).

Will the LR simply look at both deeds, note the same width, and then let the neighbour know? If my neighbour is claiming more than what is written in the deeds, the LR should let them know - right? Or is there more to the dermination process? Need your advise on the process, and how you see this panning out? Many thanks again.
manutd99

Previous

Return to Boundaries