Neighbour disputing boundary, building extension. Help pleas

Re: Neighbour disputing boundary, building extension. Help p

Postby loveka » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:49 pm

I certainly didn't deny him access to it. He told us he would only build up to the fence in November, like fools we believed him so thought we didn't need to show it to him. As we thought it was sorted out we didn't want to inflame things.. It wasn't until February we realised he had changed his mind about this- he didn't bother telling us. If we hadn't asked the first we would have known about the change of his plans would have been a solicitors letter. We were waiting for the party wall notice to arrive!

That's why I started the new thread actually. I thought people wouldn't want to wade through all of this as the problem is now different to what it was at the end of this thread, if you see what I mean.
loveka

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby arborlad » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:32 am

arborlad wrote:
loveka wrote:I have tried to upload the plans, but the site won't let me!

There is a front fence, if is about 5 feet more towards the neighbours property than the back fence, i.e. the front boundary is 5 feet wider. This boundary has to be correct, as if the front fence was in line with the back fence we wouldn't be able to get in our front door!

loveka wrote:Strangely, we have seen on his deeds that our front garden should be 3 feet wider than it is. But of course as he has had that land for over 12 years we can't claim it, and wouldn't even try. We may point this out to make him see sense. He has gone very quiet today.

I think you need to persevere with those plans.

When land was sold to the neighbour for an extension, were there any dimensions mentioned?

Especially in light of his new claim.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby arborlad » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:24 pm

MacadamB53 wrote:Hi loveka,

I don't mean to cast a shadow over things, but I would not be surprised if this was just a ploy to soften you up and let him remove the fence...

Warm regards, Mac

The amount of land contested was 8", the fence occupied half of that. The OP has now decided to halve the amount of disputed land............
arborlad

arborlad

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:38 pm

arborlad wrote:
MacadamB53 wrote:Hi loveka,

I don't mean to cast a shadow over things, but I would not be surprised if this was just a ploy to soften you up and let him remove the fence...

Warm regards, Mac

The amount of land contested was 8", the fence occupied half of that. The OP has now decided to halve the amount of disputed land............
no, the neighbour claims an 8" strip of his land lies beyond the fence, so the amount of disputed land, if the fence belongs to the OP, is 12".

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby arborlad » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:24 am

despair wrote:Insist on a clause in the deed which guarantees he will not have any future issue with you at all

I very much doubt this is possible!
arborlad

arborlad

Postby arborlad » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:52 pm

loveka wrote:That's why I started the new thread actually.

It's obviously open to debate whether your situation would've had a different outcome if you hadn't started another thread on the same subject, but you definitely put yourself at a disadvantage by doing so. Timely and effective moderation was needed.

It should also be made a lot easier for those who wish to share images.
arborlad

arborlad

Previous

Return to Boundaries