Neighbour from Heaven.

Neighbour from Heaven.

Postby jonahinoz » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:38 am

arborlad wrote:Re: Have I stolen 2 inches of my neighbors garden?
by arborlad » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:02 pm
jonahinoz wrote:I think I will take a few photographs, before continuing with MY fence.

If you care to share those photos in your own thread, we may be able to unravel the conundrum.

Hi,

This is switched from the "Stealing 2 inches of neighbours garden discussion.

As requested, photos of my TRIPLE fence. The boundary is the responsibility of my left hand (South) neighbour, but I don't see why he should pay for the sort of fence that I want. He's a lovely man, even offered to grub up his hedge, if it would help in building my garage.

Photo 1 shows the end of my garden, during construction of my garage. Bits of a previous (blue) barrier remain, plus a temporary fence to keep Blitz, the dog,, from playing in the traffic.

Image[/URL]

Photo 2 shows what I found when I removed the original boundary fence, bit at a time. The "matchwood" fence I was removing, then a vertical boarded fence, then a chestnut paling fence (wires badly rusted), then a Leylandii hedge, which I already knew about. Bits of the barrier across my garden remain in the photo, but it has now been replaced by a new barrier between the fence and the garage. The new post, sitting in the hole is mine.

Image[/URL]

Photo 3 shows the view from the other side of the barrier

Image[/URL]

I'm not asking for advice (but won't refuse). This mail is just to show that not all neighbours are from Hell. My neighbour volunteered to chip in with the cost of the fence, but why should he? He has a hedge, why would he want a 6ft high fence?

John W
jonahinoz

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Neighbour from Heaven.

Postby arborlad » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Can you rotate photo 2&3 please John?
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby despair » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:42 pm

You might have a nice neighbour but those conifers encroach on your land and are a right royal pain in the butt
You will soon find the roots are way into your land

A nice hedge is one thing ....leylandii that have been unattended quite another
But if your happy with it then fine
despair

Postby jonahinoz » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:58 pm

arborlad wrote:Can you rotate photo 2&3 please John?

Hi Arborlad,

NO!

I used to be able to do it using MS Windows 7 PUBLISHER. Both my desktops are Hors de Combat, hopefully fixed next month.

My new laptop is on Windows 10, does not have PUBLISHER ... £70 to £100. I am still working my way around Windows 10.

My understanding is that if a PC already has Publisher 7, it will remain after converting to Windows 10.

Sorry.

John W
jonahinoz

Postby arborlad » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:27 pm

jonahinoz wrote:

Hi Arborlad,

NO!

Sorry.

John W

Shame, we used to have a Moderator that carried out that sort of useful task! Like the thread title - better reflects the reality of most situations.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby span » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:18 am

jonahinoz wrote:

Hi Arborlad,

NO!

I used to be able to do it using MS Windows 7 PUBLISHER. Both my desktops are Hors de Combat, hopefully fixed next month.

My new laptop is on Windows 10, does not have PUBLISHER ... £70 to £100. I am still working my way around Windows 10.

My understanding is that if a PC already has Publisher 7, it will remain after converting to Windows 10.

Sorry.

John W

You don't need MS Publisher to rotate a photo, there are other sw packages available that will do that, and they're probably already in your W10 machine. Look for MS Office Picture Manager, MS Paint, Windows Live Photo Gallery.... or just go online to http://www.online-image-editor.com/ and do it there.
span

Postby arborlad » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:36 am

span wrote:You don't need MS Publisher to rotate a photo, there are other sw packages available that will do that, and they're probably already in your W10 machine. Look for MS Office Picture Manager, MS Paint, Windows Live Photo Gallery.... or just go online to http://www.online-image-editor.com/ and do it there.

..........you appear to know a lot about it - enough to do it?
arborlad

arborlad

Postby jonahinoz » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:06 am

You don't need MS Publisher to rotate a photo, there are other sw packages available that will do that, and they're probably already in your W10 machine. Look for MS Office Picture Manager, MS Paint, Windows Live Photo Gallery.... or just go online to http://www.online-image-editor.com/ and do it there.

Hi Span,

I'm a wrinkly techno-wimp. I understand words, it's the sentences that beat me. Today I cannot find the QUOTE button. Yesterday I couldn't find the button ... and then I could.

I have the "Dummies" books for both MS.8 and MS.10. They just don't seem to be applicable to my lap-top. But the MS.10 book tells me that MS never sold any version which included PUBLISHER. If it was on your PC, it was due to the PC seller including it as part of a package.

PAINT? I can click the PrtSc key, which dumps what is on the screen into Saved Pictures My desk-top's (MS.7) gave me a PAINT button to click, and I crop my picture, save, then edit it elsewhere (memory fails as to where that was, I just clicked the button). I cannot find a PAINT button on the W.10 desk-top.

The local PC wallah in Kettering (£40 fixed fee, no fix no fee) says he is unable to fix either of my desk-tops, muttered something about obsolete graphic cards. Other PC experts want £80 for first hour, then pro-rata in half-hour lumps. Their terms make my credit card feel vunerable. My Guru in South Wales says he can fix them, but that's 8 hours driving and £50 for fuel ... and the same to collect. We are going to a mate's 70th birthday bash in middle of February, and will make it a 3 day holiday, get the PCs fixed at the same time.

In the meantime, I will try your suggestion ... http://www.online-image-editor.com but anticipate it would involve kicking the dog, if we still had a dog.

Thanks for advice. I hope this helps others in the same boat.

John W
jonahinoz

Postby arborlad » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:18 am

jonahinoz wrote: My Guru in South Wales says he can fix them, but that's 8 hours driving and £50 for fuel ... and the same to collect. We are going to a mate's 70th birthday bash in middle of February, and will make it a 3 day holiday, get the PCs fixed at the same time.

Thanks for advice. I hope this helps others in the same boat.

John W

Phone your Guru and ask him about TeamViewer (others are available)............it's like having him sitting at your elbow.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby jonahinoz » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:33 am

Hi,

Er ... well seeing as you have twisted my arm, I had a go, somehow managed to arrive at these ....

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Al the blue painted timber has been removed, and replaced with 6"x1" boards. I now know how to rotate my SAVED PICTURES, and Photobucket can find them. Another step forward.

Many thanks for pushing me.

John W

PS ... reminds me of "The Chase" on TV .... all the questions are easy ... if you know the answers.
jonahinoz

Postby span » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:39 am

arborlad wrote:
span wrote:You don't need MS Publisher to rotate a photo, there are other sw packages available that will do that, and they're probably already in your W10 machine. Look for MS Office Picture Manager, MS Paint, Windows Live Photo Gallery.... or just go online to http://www.online-image-editor.com/ and do it there.

..........you appear to know a lot about it - enough to do it?

Easily enough, but what would jonahinoz have learned from that?
span

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Boundaries