New Streetlight / Bamboo

Re: New Streetlight / Bamboo

Postby arborlad » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:41 am

MacadamB53 wrote:......certain injurious weeds.....

.............which bamboo isn't.............

'Green things' - was deliberately intended to cover the wide spectrum of trees, hedges, shrubs and other plants that appear on this forum.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi arborlad,

sorry for the apparent pedantry :oops:

having read many of your posts I had a very good idea what message you were hoping to convey and I wasn't trying to challenge this at all.

for completeness, though, I've added details of the laws which do attempt to prevent certain green things from spreading - for the casual reader...

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby Eliza » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:30 pm

The law allows neighbours to trim plants that are overhanging onto their territory. One presumes that this applies even if the "neighbour" concerned is the Council, rather than a householder.
Apologies for not giving exact personal details in my posts - you never know who is reading....
Eliza

Postby Clifford Pope » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:46 pm

Eliza wrote:The law allows neighbours to trim plants that are overhanging onto their territory. One presumes that this applies even if the "neighbour" concerned is the Council, rather than a householder.

The highway authority, ie the council, has a duty and right to trim back vegetation overhanging the highway.
It's got nothing to do with being a "neighbour", and would apply even if you were the freeholder of that part of the highway.
You might, in a rural area, technically "own" the road up to the centre line, but the rights of the highway authority would still be paramount.

I have explained the similar situation obtaining in my own case. The highway authority gave notice to cut the overhanging vegetation, or they would do it and bill us. Up to a height of about 10 feet they don't even ask - they send round a man with a tractor-mounted hedgecutter once a year and trash anything overhanging.
No knowledge of bamboo cultivation is neccessary. :)
Clifford Pope

Postby kalstras » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:48 am

Here now be the reply...

The Link

http://i64.tinypic.com/2nw0go2.jpg

The Letter in full (name has been blacked out to protect the "petty in the extreme")

kalstras

Postby cleo5 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:08 pm

Well I call that most civil of them and you can't ask for fairer treatment.
What a very cutomer friendly firm. They are to be admired.
cleo5

Postby span » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:40 pm

Heh. A classic example of begging forgiveness rather that seeking permission.
span

Postby COGGY » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:44 pm

I agree with Cleo. It is an extremely reasonable letter. Coggy
COGGY

Postby kalstras » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:29 pm

We're content with the apology, but it doesn't mean it's fixed, just a good apology which we accept :P
But yeah case closed thanks for the input everyone
Kal
kalstras

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Boundaries