New discussion about old issue.

Re: New discussion about old issue.

Postby cleo5 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Loveka,
I think you have done the best you can in the circumstances.
The stress wears you down and the anxiety over escalating costs can be overwhelming.
It's ok for those with money . They have the wherewithal to fight bullies but for those with limited funds it's hard to have to pay out thousands of pounds for something that isn't your fault.
You can save your plants especially the roses. Just take as much of the root ball as you can and get them holed in as a soon as lifting. I have done this often . Cut them well back. feed and water them and they will soon shoot again.
I know exactly how you feel.
Do not allow him to stray one inch over your border.
cleo5

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby loveka » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:32 pm

Well, the wall is built up to the specified 4 inches, but of course the saga continues.
I am at my limit with this man and his arrogant, bullying behaviour.

He dug up all th we plants in the border and removed them. I was abroad. About a week later I saw my roses PLANTED IN HIS GARDEN!!! A row about this ensued in which he said the roses were now his. I pointed out he had not yet paid any compensation(which was agreed) and that the compensation agreed was minimal compared to what he would have had to pay had he done the party wall act. He has no interest in the roses, it was merely an act of revenge I think, as he does not think he should pay to replace my plants as he say s they were planted in his land.

Of course, the roses are dead anyway. However he then went an email saying we could take the roses. We took them, as he had planted them right next to my garden, so I could see them every day, and this was adding insult to injury.

He now says we took them without his permission and is withholding the compensation! I feel like I am in the playground, it really is beyond any sense or reason what he is doing. He says he is seeing his solicitor next week, I am unclear about what.

I really would like the compensation for my plants, and for a garden bench he set fire to whilst t he was having a bonfire in his garden. He has insisted on taking the charred remains, and is saying he shouldn't have to buy a new s bench as the burnt one was old.

It's not me is it? He is a total nutter?
loveka

Postby despair » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:43 pm

You were well warned not to trust this guy ....he is an out and out bully and you cannot ever believe a word they say or put in black and white

If compensation is agreed it has to be paid to a 3rd party for safety to be handed over on completion

If he does not cough up .....get your own back by filing a claim using the TV programme Judge Rinder
He will wipe the floor with the clown and it wont cost you money

Plus he will be exposed to the world
Last edited by despair on Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
despair

Postby COGGY » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:46 pm

Hi Loveka

No it is not you. Your neighbour is a complete and utter bully and a nutter. The best thing to do is to either erect a fence or plant things that will grow large enough to block him out. Make sure he does not put any windows in the new building overlooking your property. Have cctv put up to cover the boundary, as I know from bitter experience that some neighbours will spray plants to kill them. We have a video of our neighbour gathering up branches of our shrub through her open window. cctv is a brilliant deterrent. Coggy
COGGY

Postby cleo5 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:21 pm

Loveka,
Of course it's not you.
Try not to hate . It's wasted energy. I've hated mine for over 30 years. This last year I've woken every day hoping he's dead. Whatever he did dampened my day.
But now I think he is not worth even a thought. When his hedge trimmer starts I just turn up Classic Fm to drown it.
Put up your fence at the front. Completely ignore him/
Go and but replicas of those roses you had and plant them.
You can buy lovely ones with the money you won;t have to spend by taking the action you have.
Whatever you did it was the right thing for you to do.
If you have the chance to move and can find the right house with nice neighbours and well defined property boundaries then do so.

Best wishes.
cleo5

Postby loveka » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:30 pm

Yes, we have lots of photos.

It seems we will have to spend even more money and stress just getting out common rights as he has chosen not to do the party wall agreement.

I am torn between telling him to keep his money and to leave us alone, and taking him to court...
loveka

Postby arborlad » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:24 am

loveka wrote:He dug up all th we plants in the border and removed them. I was abroad.

Unless it was work related, most people would try and ensure they were at home when something of this nature is imminent.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby loveka » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:37 am

Aborlad, you have clearly taken against me. In some way. I don't really understand why? Your comment seems rather uncharitable given you don't know my circumstances.

Where did I say it was not work related? I was at work abroad while he did this, partner was at home. We had agreed he could do the work , what we didn't expect was him to plant the roses in his garden.
loveka

Postby arborlad » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:06 pm

arborlad wrote:
loveka wrote:He dug up all th we plants in the border and removed them. I was abroad.

Unless it was work related, most people would try and ensure they were at home when something of this nature is imminent.

This is just standard advice that I think most would endorse where building work was happening next door, it would apply equally if you were sitting drinking tea with your neighbour every afternoon or swapping injunctions with a belligerent land grabbing one. I was uncertain if it was work related because I didn't know which thread to search!
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby SwitchRich » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:02 pm

If you have a signed agreement in place and he is not living up to it.
Surely you can take him to small claims court? Costs about £35 quid I think?

I would do that if he withholds this compensation.

YOU MUST IGNORE THE FACT HE HAS PLANTED YOUR DEAD ROSES IN HIS GARDEN!!! This is only to get at you because he is spiteful.
Any rise you give him about this will be fill him with joy because he knows he is getting to you!

If you were happy with the agreement you made recently to split the 8 inches you must get him to stick to that.
SwitchRich

Postby loveka » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:50 pm

Yes, we will write to him giving him 14 days to pay up, then go to the small claims court. It's £75.

I don't know how long I should wait for him to render and paint his wall though before I withdraw access to our garden. I can't replant my garden, it looks like a building site. As he hasn't done the party wall act it seems it is quite difficult to do anything legally now, apart from an injunction, which our solicitor said is very expensive and carries a risk for us.

I am tempted to give him 14 days to finish the wall then withdraw access. However, this would inconvenience us as we want the wall painted. It's nearly 2 weeks since the wall was completed. He is obviously delaying deliberately. Yet legally there is nothing we can do!
loveka

Postby despair » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:07 pm

sad to say you were well warned NOT to trust this oik one inch
despair

Postby loveka » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:31 pm

Yes, I know. My partner let him start the work without the written agreement being legalised as he was sick of the stress it was causing. We have had words, put it that way.

The question is, what to do now? We will go to the small claims court for the plant and bench. We could remove agreement for him to access our land. But as you have seen he is vindictive and I worry what he will try next.
loveka

Postby despair » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Your partner is totally crazy

NEVER NEVER trust a bully one inch

I still say MOVE and move fast because these idiots never ever get better
despair

Postby cleo5 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:30 pm

You must get the signed agreement before he continues any more work.
Ask your solicitor to contact him requesting the signed agreement immediately.
Without any agreement the neighbour will continue doing what he wants.
If he steps on your land and causes any damage call the police .
Here's what I would do if I were you and could afford it-
Put a 2 metre fence up all along your boundary as soon as possible. Or better still a brick wall. Put it exactly where you have now agreed the boundary. It can be up and finished in a matter of days, maybe a week for a wall.
That will prevent any straying of his building work onto your land and will impede him.
It will also prevent any future problems.
What happens on the other side of the fence or wall needn't concern you.
It will also help when coming to sell.
You have gone through so much stress already that you may as well see this thing through to the end.
Get a good reliable fencer or builder who will ignore the neighbour.
cleo5

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Boundaries