Party wall surveyor needed urgently in MANCHESTER

Party wall surveyor needed urgently in MANCHESTER

Postby Snowsquonk » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:20 pm

I have a lovely friend and work colleague in Manchester - her husband is seriously ill.

They live in a semi-detached house and the attached house is being renovated and they are under pressure from the owner to agree to an extension being built up against their extension. They have also been putting up with building waste being burned in the back garden.

They are now aware of the need for a party wall agreement, and local building control have visited and stopped the bonfires, but building works continue and my friend is finding it very difficult to find a party wall surveyor.

If anyone has a recommendation for an individual or company in the Manchester area, could you please let me know ASAP so I can pass the details on to my friend. She is having to work away from home today and tomorrow and is very worried what might happen whilst she's away. She's already been advised to take pictures of her property, walls etc in case of damage. Anything else she should be doing before the party wall agreement can be put in place?

Thanks so much
Snowsquonk

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Party wall surveyor needed urgently in MANCHESTER

Postby ukmicky » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:39 am

If your friend owns the wall and they don't want their wall used as part of the neighbours new extension they don't need a party wall surveyor.

The neighbour needs their permission to attach to their wall. They need to tell the neighbour that they do not agree to their wall being used. If they still go ahead the only way forward would be an injunction.

They would only need a surveyor if they agree to the them using their wall .

If the wall is a party wall and shared because the neighbour will then have the right to use it and your friends would need to protect their interests .

If they are digging foundations within 3 meters of your friends foundations and are digging to a lower level of your friends foundations.
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Postby Snowsquonk » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:34 pm

Wow.

Thanks for the link to google. I posted because my friend has already used google, and the 'phone book and I was hoping maybe someone had a personal recommendation but maybe that's not the done thing on here.
Snowsquonk

Postby loveka » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:22 pm

If you call the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors they will put you in touch with one.
loveka

Return to Boundaries