stones on wall

Re: stones on wall

Postby COGGY » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:18 am

Hi Cleo

I think it would be a very good idea to phone the Community Support Officer as suggested by Despair. I would not normally play on age, any more than I am sure you would. However age does limit us a lot so it could not do any harm in this instance to play the "little woman". Your neighbour is clearly in the wrong and you need to stop him. If you were a young, big, strong chap you could confront him and he would more than likely stop. No-one would think ill of you in those circumstances so therefore I consider playing the "little woman" is more than justified. We have to adapt in life and use the best means we have, if that is age so be it.

I hope you get a good strong Community Support Officer who will go round and read the riot act to your bully neighbour.

Good luck. Coggy
COGGY

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby COGGY » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:20 am

The nearest Police Station may be some distance. Do you pay less rates for a lower service? You are entitled to receive the same help as everyone else. If the police already know of this chap so much the better. Coggy
COGGY

Postby cleo5 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:28 pm

Coggy,
I've never heard of a Community Support Officer here.
We used to have a police station and two police houses but all gone now. It is a very low crime area. Never locked my door at night until recently.

(It was the other person further up with whom I had the altercation in my other thread when the policeman came out to help me.)
This one is my neighbour to my left and several times over the years my OH has wanted to contact the police over him but we have never done so.
My neighbour the other side is a gem.

To us police are for murders, missing children, accidents and robbery.
Yes we pay full, high rates.

You have all been very helpful as always .Thanks.

I have passed the buck to SIL and he can deal with it. It was he who set up CCtV at front and monitors it.
cleo5

Postby COGGY » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:52 pm

Hi Cleo

I appreciate how you feel. At one time I would not have requested help from the police. Eventually it was forced upon us and we received help for which we were grateful. Your neighbour is a bully who appears to think he can do as he likes. He needs to know that support is available for you.

Regards Coggy
COGGY

Postby despair » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:19 pm

If you already have CCTV at the front it should easy to add another camera on the side

Harassment is a criminal offence and you should keep a diary of events and call the police anyway ..........this neighbour must be stopped
despair

Postby zaax » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:14 am

Once you have CCTV evidence he can be prosecuted for fly tipping.
https://www.gov.uk/report-flytipping
I know nothing about the law.
zaax

Postby cleo5 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:34 pm

Thank you all,
I will take on board your suggestions.
cleo5

Postby mugwump » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:53 am

Considering the amount of stuff that appears to be thrown across the wall, littering is probably the best you can hope for. I doubt that a council would even consider taking any legal action for flytipping. Neighbour might get a letter advising not to do it or...

More likely council will say it is a civil matter between to private individuals/dwellings
mugwump

Postby mr sheen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:18 am

This is a boundary feature that has bits of stone integral to its structure so the dropping of bits of its integral structure onto the side of either neighbour is neither a lawsuit nor a matter for the police!
If you have a decaying historic feature and bits are falling over your side, there are maintenance and repair activities that can be undertaken to prevent/reduce the problem or you could build another fence or wall up against it in order to stop the problem and whilst some may advise against this due to boundary issues, one has to balance which irritates one most!
mr sheen

Postby cleo5 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:14 pm

Sorry,
I cannot have made things clear.What is plain to me is sometimes difficult to get across to others.

This piece of wall was quite stable having been repaired some time back. But it is old and fragile.
(This is my wall - though he claims ownership).

The wall further round (at the bottom of his garden and bordering part of mine on the W side is the one that has fully disintegrated. (This one doesn't bother me as it belongs to him. Further along it belongs to two other owners. Along 50 metres of it there is little left.(not my problem). Along he final hundred metres the original wall is still intact.

The length of wall that concerns me (my NOrthern boundary) had a perfectly stable top bit but he has thrown his rubbish onto it and it is this that is falling down into my garden onto the place where we walk to access sheds and rest of garden.

If it is left alone the wall will stand for many years yet but with stuff piled on it haphazardly then it becomes weaker, a nuisance and a possible danger. Also the rubble coming over is preventing the natural growth of stonecrop and small plants that grow there
Anyone who understands the nature of Cornish stone hedging knows you do not chuck stuff willy nilly on top of it's length. Stones have to be very carefully placed in order to maintain it's integrity and stability.

It is just another bullying tactic of his- just as cutting the thin hedge on top of it from 7a.m every summer morning( even in the rain) is.
I have asked/ told him hundreds of times to leave my hedge alone but he will not.
A hedge need be cut a few times a year not every day. Since he has a high Leylandii hedge just 18 in from mine it a double dose of daily hedge cutting.
Whilst the constant hedge cutting annoys me it poses no danger.
Throwing his rubbish so that it falls onto my garden is.
He is a pernickety old *** and always deposits his garden waste either into the field across the way or in a nearby lane.
Yes I know it is a civil matter but he is a nuisance neighbour .

I will take the good advice offered by those who can see the problem and have a further CCTV camera set up . And SIL will point out to him that his actions are damaging the wall.
cleo5

Postby despair » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:11 pm

I have had no problem throughout understanding the totally malicous actions of this old fart of a neighbour

I repeat its vital you get your local police /community police officer onside PDQ

With the added assistance of CCTV proof of this idiots actions

Sadlt "nothing to do with me "has zero experience of such hateful neighbours who without doubt are causing harassment even with their hedge trimming day after day
despair

Postby mr sheen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:18 pm

No doubt he is an irritating neighbour but nothing you describe is a lawsuit or a matter for the authorities. He has the right to cut his hedge 24/7 if he has nothing else to do and he so wishes...this does not make him a bully or harasser, who knows he may be OCD!

If you perceive bits falling over as a safety issue there are things you can do to protect your side such as building another wall/protective fencing/ protective wire like chicken wire etc. your safety is your issue and you should take action to reduce any risks you have identified.
Sadly presenting some people with blurry CCTV can make things worse especially if they stop short of actionable nuisance and you then risk coming across to authorities as an over sensitive busy body who snoops on their neighbours...and he could be seen as the victim of your harassing snooping.....it's all a matter of perception.
mr sheen

Postby mr sheen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:22 pm

[quote="despair"

Sadlt "nothing to do with me "has zero experience of such hateful neighbours who without doubt are causing harassment even with their hedge trimming day after day[/quote]

You know this ...how?
Hedge trimming is harassment?!!??..would be interested to see this in court! Do you include grass cutting? Pressure washing?etc ....at what point does maintaining your own property become harassment of a neighbour?
mr sheen

Postby despair » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:44 pm

Day after day cutting a hedge at 7am !!,!!!

OCD would not begin to describe such actions

theres no need for cctv to be blurry images either

this neighbour is deliberately throwing stones and rubbish over despite knowing he should not
despair

Postby cleo5 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:05 am

Thanks Coggy and despair,

HE is cutting MY hedge despite my protests.
He is heaping stuff on my wall and no I cannot affix netting or anything else on top of it. (It has an old hawthorn hedge on top of it in parts). Yes he may well be occd regarding his garden to exclusion of sensibilities of all others.
Hedges do not need daily trimming - along with the swear words that accompany this exercise. It is not right to cut them in bird nesting season.
He used to shoot squirrels and crows when my children or grandchildren were in the garden. We have picked up spent bullets. His shooting used to terrify our pony on many occasions.
He has slandered me.
He has spied on my daughters through holes in the hedge as they were growing up.
He has constantly cut holes in his hedge and in place in my front hedge (now removed D G) in order that he have a clear view from his porch across to the gate to see who was passing.
He interferes with any workmen I may have had working in my garden.
And normal folk do not trim hedges daily or mow grass daily or wash their cars daily or do pressure washing daily
Constant hedge trimming is harassment as there have been cases of it.

And I have never called in any official or made a complaint against him.
cleo5

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Boundaries