stones on wall

Re: stones on wall

Postby MacadamB53 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:16 am

Hi cleo,

It is not right to cut them in bird nesting season.

it's fine so long as there's no birds nesting in the hedge.

if there are some, however, it's a little more than "not right" - it's illegal.

I have never called in any official or made a complaint against him.

do you want a medal? - cos you ain't getting one (don't take that the wrong way, just trying to gee you up a bit).

if your neighbour behaves as you allege then the authorities - the ones we all pay for so you can call upon them - should be notified.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby mr sheen » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:08 am

cleo5 wrote:Thanks Coggy and despair,

HE is cutting MY hedge despite my protests.
He is heaping stuff on my wall and no I cannot affix netting or anything else on top of it. (It has an old hawthorn hedge on top of it in parts). Yes he may well be occd regarding his garden to exclusion of sensibilities of all others.
Hedges do not need daily trimming - along with the swear words that accompany this exercise. It is not right to cut them in bird nesting season.
He used to shoot squirrels and crows when my children or grandchildren were in the garden. We have picked up spent bullets. His shooting used to terrify our pony on many occasions.
He has slandered me.
He has spied on my daughters through holes in the hedge as they were growing up.
He has constantly cut holes in his hedge and in place in my front hedge (now removed D G) in order that he have a clear view from his porch across to the gate to see who was passing.
He interferes with any workmen I may have had working in my garden.
And normal folk do not trim hedges daily or mow grass daily or wash their cars daily or do pressure washing daily
Constant hedge trimming is harassment as there have been cases of it.

And I have never called in any official or made a complaint against him.

All very subjective and possibly annoying.....but....
If you have evidence you own the hedge, then sue for damages
He can obsessively manage his own land, if he so wishes
He 'slandered' you....talks about you....like you are 'slandering' him...or do you have photos of him shooting wildlife? And evidence he has stalked your daughters?
He looks through his hedge and cuts holes in it....well he has a right to do that!
He chats to people.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Is this a case of 2 neighbours who just don't get on both annoying each other?
mr sheen

Postby COGGY » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi Mr Sheen
The neighbour may possibly have the right to cut holes in a hedge belonging to him, but he does not have the right to cut holes in a hedge belonging to Cleo, which is what he is doing.

Hi Cleo Most people would have reported the neighbour to the relevant authorities long ago. The fact that you have not done so is, in my opinion, simply encouraging him to believe he can do as he likes and you will simple permit it. Time to call a halt to his activities.
Coggy
COGGY

Postby cleo5 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:35 pm

I have spent twenty mins replying , pressed the wrong thing and lost it! Maybe just as well.
No thanks ! the two threads need no merging.

The first concerned the neighbour 500 yards away and adverse possession.(resolved by the law , several thousand pounds spent and the good advice from mac and others on here).

This thread is solely about my immediate neighbour who has caused me a lot of upset over the years and continues doing so.

I seldom lie (and then only to save someone's feelings) and do not gossip.
All my complaints against this neighbour are very well founded and substantiated.
It is an long list over 38 years.
If I were to enlarge on exactly the nature of the slander even the most cynical amongst you would understand.

Perhaps a line of dead squirrels, crows and magpies strung up and the constant sound of gunshot in his small garden the fear for the childrens' safety in their own garden is insufficient evidence?

"sue for damages" Mr Sheen. Please tell me how if one has no funds.

In the 6 previous houses we have owned we have never had even a cross word with a neighbour.
Maybe we were fortunate in living amongst decent, intelligent people?
This man deprives me of peace of mind, sleep, and the enjoyment of my own property.
In simple terms he is a bully.
If you have not lived next to a bully then of course you cannot understand.
I think we will end this here.
Many thanks to those who have offered constructive, supportive advice. It is as always helpful .
Happy Easter.
cleo5

Postby COGGY » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:14 pm

Hi Cleo
I truly feel extremely sorry for you. I believe you are a truthful person and have suffered greatly at the hands of your neighbour. However you do need to take action. He is unlikely to stop unless you take some action against him. Requesting a visit from the local police would be helpful to you. Phone and ask for advice on placing a CCTV camera to catch him at his antics. Most people respond well to being asked for help. So many today simply phone and complain, a simple request for help should produce a response. Anyone talking to you should be able to tell that you are a truthful person. You need help and support from this bully so please request the help now. In the unlikely event that the police visit and are not helpful, then phone again and again until they do help. You are entitled to be supported.
Regards Coggy
COGGY

Postby Midori » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:28 pm

Surely if he is shooting in his garden then there is a possible Firearms offence occurring? especially if you are picking up spent bullets. This is definitely one for the police as it is a possible danger to life.

Once you get a police officer out you can present the other evidence.
Midori

Postby arborlad » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:17 pm

nothingtodowithme wrote:
mr sheen wrote:..... you could build another fence or wall up against it in order to stop the problem and whilst some may advise against this due to boundary issues, one has to balance which irritates one most!

I agree Hear hear!
:D

I disagree - duplicate boundary features are always a bad idea. The footprint of a domestic fence is a few inches - the footprint of a Cornish hedge is a few feet.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby cleo5 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:56 pm

The Cornish stone hedge is mine and on my deeds to maintain it.

No! I could not erect a fence in front of it as this would then give him the opportunity to take over the wall as his. Besides I have no money to do so anyway.
Neighbour no longer shoots. This was whilst my children were growing up. I mentioned it simply to illustrate that we are not intolerant folk.

In fact old husband was concerned he might aim at us over a recent altercation so asked police to check. They tell us he no longer has his licence.

Original problem solved now thanks all.

Granddaughter very,very sick in IC so anything else, including world affairs, seem of no importance just now.
cleo5

Postby COGGY » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:42 pm

Hi Cleo

I am sorry to hear your granddaughter is so ill. Hope you have some good news soon. Coggy
COGGY

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:29 am

COGGY wrote:Hi Cleo

I am sorry to hear your granddaughter is so ill. Hope you have some good news soon. Coggy
+1
MacadamB53

Postby cleo5 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Thank you Coggy and Mac,
She is still holding on.
cleo5

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Boundaries