Complete row of townhouses with out of sync boundaries

Re: Complete row of townhouses with out of sync boundaries

Postby arborlad » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:10 am

sorra wrote:UPDATE: We put in place a trellis planter which is 6 foot high and wide and covered said bins (located along our boundary just to be a nuisance). The trellis planter looks fantastic and is a nice feature at the front of the house. Predictably the tw** next door shuffled his bins along so they are in our view but then back again (we think the police had a word) so just one remains partially in our sight. We have put in a large box bush and that issue is resolved.

We still have one remaining problem. A large panel of their back fence is down and they have made no attempt to fix it. We are not on speaking terms so no point in asking them to sort it (it would be pointless to even mention it to them). There is very clear wording on the deeds about it being their responsibiilty to maintain a trespass proof fence and no question it is their fence. I have already put bushes in there but the coverage isn't great. Is there any point in taking legal advice on this? My worry is that it would cost us £250 plus in solicitor's fees to get them to fix a fence.

If these are the shrubs mentioned in your CCTV thread............better it is continued here.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Complete row of townhouses with out of sync boundaries

Postby arborlad » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:54 am

SarahSue wrote:
MacadamB53 wrote:Hi sorra,

it seems he will carry on being a nuisance

nothing you have described would be considered a nuisance - in a legal sense.

so if the law allows him to put his bins there it follows that the law thinks you ought to be able to cope with it - and I think you can if you want to.

Kind regards, Mac

The fact that we went to the expense and trouble of screening said bins, just to have him deliberately move them along so we could still see them was classified as nuisance behaviour by the police and they had a word (just as they did when he was verbally abusive). This whole trouble kicked off when he sited his bins in front of our front door (and within our boundary) when they first purchased the house. TBH, when i spoke to the community police officer, I was surprised that it was classified as nuisance behaviour too.

SarahSue wrote:Well, I am not surprised that the mediation route has not happened. We had major doubts that it would work since there is nothing on our side that we can offer. But it was put to us that it would look bad on us if they agreed and we refused so we felt pushed into agreeing. The neighbour has probably come to the same conclusion and short of making something about us up, he knows it would be very one-sided. As I said to the policeman, what we want is actually very simple - we just wanted him to stop encroaching on our property and deliberately pushing his bins into our garden. So no mediation needed really, just an understanding from him that his behaviour is unacceptable and to stop his antics.

..............all getting a bit tedious and repetitive now :(
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Previous

Return to Boundaries