Land grabbing?

Land grabbing?

Postby Tisha » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:57 pm

My neighbor claims to own the hedge between our gardens even though the deeds for both our properties have the 'T' s in both. They have already built into our land and have now put up a conservatory on to their extension. They have built the conservatory to close to the boundary, ripped out another 6-7 foot of the hedge, even though we are in a legal dispute over said hedge. There has been no resolution but we were told that we were not to interfere or court proceedings would be made against us. We started to put fence post in to where they had taken the hedge roots out and they called the police telling them we had been in their house!!! The husband has since been leaning on one of our posts and it is now to weak for anything to go onto it. Are we so very wrong to think it is a shared boundary hedge??? They claim that a wire fence we put up in 2009 to stop another neighbor's dog getting into our garden was put there by the local council when both houses were owned by the council and therfore this wire fence is the boundary marker.The family that live there now moved in in 2010, after her parents had passed away . Her parents purchased the house off of the council in 1979. My house is also ex council which my parents rented and we moved in 1980. I have pictures from 1982 with me in standing in front of this hedge and there is no wire fence there. I purchased my house in 2003. This is a very watered down version of events but if anyone has any advice on which way to turn i would be more than grateful.
Tisha

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Land grabbing?

Postby Collaborate » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:22 pm

Check your home insurance policy for legal cover and take it from there.
Collaborate

Postby arborlad » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:04 pm

Tisha wrote:They claim that a wire fence we put up in 2009 to stop another neighbor's dog getting into our garden was put there by the local council when both houses were owned by the council and therfore this wire fence is the boundary marker.

Are you still having trouble with the dog, if not, remove the fence. Although your actions were quite innocent, if something can be misinterpreted to a neighbour's advantage - they usually will be.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby Tisha » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:43 pm

HI, thanks for your comments. No there is no longer a problem with the dog. We have pulled about 15 foot of the fence out and we intend to fix the post the husband damaged and start to put up our fence. I never thought to speak to my insurance people, so I will be giving them a call. We have been granted permission for a 6 meter extension, which we were hoping would be a bit of a selling point but I'm beginning to think I'm never going to get out of here. This all started because the husband kept leaning over the hedge to cut our side and we asked him to stop as he had no right to do so. He went for me with his hedge cutters and told me it was his f'''ing hedge and he could do what he liked. I then spoke to a solicitor who told me they had no right to cross the boundary even if the hedge was theirs. When they applied for their conservatory we said it was to close to the boundary and if they had to remove any hedge then just leave our side alone but that wasn't good enough for them. I'm at the stage now where I'm going to take a leaf out of their book and do what I want. See how long it take before they call the police again.
Tisha

Postby despair » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:05 am

Why do you not see your community support officer
Explain to them the threats your neighbour is causing and the threat with the hedgetrimmer

Tell them its you that needs police protection from the neighbours not the other way around as its they who are causing breach of the peace
despair

Postby Tisha » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:05 am

I have spoken to the police and they said that I should of reported it at the time but I didn't want to get the police involved over a hedge, (hindsight or what!!). I reported him to the police after he weakened our post but they don't want to know.
Tisha

Postby jonahinoz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:58 am

Hi Tisha,

We are getting pamphlets through our letter box, asking us to vote for our next police Commissioner, is this nationwide? Now might be a good time to ask for the candidate's views on police indifference ... a private dispute is one thing, threats and damage are something else.

The incumbent PC might be keen to defend his position, and his opponents will want to wrong-foot him.

John W
jonahinoz

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Boundaries