Neighbours CCTV

Neighbours CCTV

Postby duvet » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:27 am

There's probably already a discussion about the placement of CCTV which I cant find but my mad neighbour, after having lost her claim that only she has a right to park on my land has had CCTV fitted aimed directly at the parking space. (no signs though warning people that there is CCTV)

Now whilst I quite like the additional security this offers me , Ive worked out that if anything did happen she wouldnt let me see her video anyway.

Is there any caselaw, legislation or guidelines regarding the placement of cameras though?
duvet

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Neighbours CCTV

Postby span » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:03 am

duvet wrote:There's probably already a discussion about the placement of CCTV which I cant find but my mad neighbour, after having lost her claim that only she has a right to park on my land has had CCTV fitted aimed directly at the parking space. (no signs though warning people that there is CCTV)

Now whilst I quite like the additional security this offers me , Ive worked out that if anything did happen she wouldnt let me see her video anyway.

Is there any caselaw, legislation or guidelines regarding the placement of cameras though?

Yes, yes there is.
span

Postby arborlad » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:15 am

duvet wrote:There's probably already a discussion about the placement of CCTV which I cant find but my mad neighbour, after having lost her claim that only she has a right to park on my land

Don't you have a thread on this matter, I can't find it.

If it's something of a serious enough nature, I'm sure the courts could order the release of any evidence.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby duvet » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:18 pm

i never needed a thread on my nutty neighbour and her attempts to annoy the whole road ;-) Its a Private road of less than 10 houses. she's the only resident that doesnt drive - everyone else has 2 or 3 cars - some of the residents have to park on the area that their deeds say is a right of way - I don't as Im the house at the end withonly a tiny little bit shown as someone elses right of way. Far as Im concerned ... I dont every block that bit. All the other residents have the unwritten understanding that providing they've not blocked the ROW they can park on each others land in return the others get to park on theirs. (not perminant just visitors) Because this woman doesnt have a car anymore --- she decided to stop the understanding that goes back 40+ years and there's been 10 years of arguing about it.

We had all sorts of rubbish from cars dumped in the road by this nutter to stop people parking down, claims other residents are running businesses from their homes to faked deeds and what now appears to be a forged Tomlin Order.

up to couple of months ago she claimed had a Tomlin Order between her and another resident in our Private Road that neither of them could park in the road and was claiming that it included all the resident (short answer to her was "feck off we're non signatory, go stick that where .... etc") - turns out though that she cant actually find the original Tomlin Order either just a dodgy unsigned copy. The other resident is also adamant they never signed the order that the nutter was claiming.

But thats between the signatories to argue anyway.

I'm just pissed off shes got a camera looking at my car 24 hours a day .. I can understand her having a camera to watch my cat censored in her garden. So can I get her to move her camera or use anything to get a weekly copy of everything she records of me and my family? she's the sort of person who only put the camera there because her latest lawyers told her it will give her evidence of something.

Her normal MO has been to build up to something against 2 or 3 neighbours and then pick on one of them.
duvet

Postby mr sheen » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:42 pm

You could always put up a large trellis/tree/ conifer/ washing line with permanent sheet etc etc etc to block the view of the CCTV.
mr sheen

Postby duvet » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:50 pm

not allowed anything in front of the houses . The front gardens are all tarmac over as parking too.
and trellis would block rights of way.

One of the other neighbours has CCTV - I dont mind him doing it.

She has 2 cameras in her porch though - one looking left and one looking right - 2.4 metres from the ground and about a metre apart. I have found my point to argue over, if that bit of the Town and country planning act includes dwelling houses
duvet

Postby despair » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:32 pm

Cctv can only record what on your own property

it must not be directed so it records what a neighbour is doing

you can ask the police to come and view what she is looking at /recording and get it sorted
despair

Postby jonahinoz » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:08 am

Hi,

Take a photo of her camera. Buy a dummy CCTV camera, and point it at her property. When she calls the police, show them her camera (or the photo if she has moved it).

As your camera is a dummy, you are not doing anything wrong ... but the police don't need to tell her that.

jonahinoz

Postby gadily » Sun May 08, 2016 11:33 am

most of the law with cctv cameras is within a grey area on dwelling propertys

heres some info im aware of

as long as your covering your own property with your camera theres not much that you can do
long gardens with cameras do show the surrounding propertys within there field of vision but kindly remember to center your camera within the middle of your pathway.

cctv cameras can also cover another camera if there is any intention of criminal damage against the camera but also has to be within the field of protecting your property or field of view is within a pathway.

rules to follow not above the lounge window and certainly not showing bedroom windows
cctv sound recordings its supposed to be a no sound setup as your infringing your neighbours rights and comes under dpa, however its also grey area.

cctv evidence with sound can be submitted to the police and the courts as its shows there intentions and threats against another.
gadily

Postby duvet » Sun May 08, 2016 11:48 pm

she had to remove the cameras as they contravenes planning law.

well she had to move them a lot.
duvet

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Boundaries