Boxed trellis.

Boxed trellis.

Postby ziceman » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:43 pm

I built a free standing box trellis 3½ft wide 1ft depth 5½ft height, the base is a planter box only 1ft high the rest a trellis.

I like to put a box plant trellis which I made and just finished painting, it's less then 6ft and Im not going to fix it or put it on the boundary, there's no maintenance if so I can move it as its free standing as I'm not going to put anything that go wild on it a Jasmin plant which only be seen from.my side.

It will be privacy for us when someone comes to door or we sit out front as neighbours are out 24/7 watching and listening to all, it be running along in my garden along boundary 3½ft.

I'm I allowed.

Thanks in advance.

Tried to upload picture within the size rules but it said this "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."
ziceman

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Boxed trellis.

Postby despair » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:27 pm

I cannot think of any rules you could be breaking enjoy your privacy add 2 lovely hybrid clematis that are suitable for patios and enjoy colour along with the jasmine
despair

Postby ziceman » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:32 am

Thanks despair for reply and advice what would go well with the jasmine,

It was only after I built it and just finished the painting that a friend said I would not be allowed as height restriction, I informed him I understand that might be the case if it was fixed position which this will not be as it be just sitting on a slab.

Never thought would be a issue but at the same time it a piece of mind getting good advice.
ziceman

Postby despair » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:47 am

the only possible restriction is if its close to the pavement and blocks sightlines for motorists or if theres specific clauses in the deeds or lease of your property

Only you can tell that by checking
despair

Postby ziceman » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:25 pm

None above. Thanks
ziceman

Postby COGGY » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Enjoy your garden. If you are looking for clematis it is best to look at the labels and find long flowering clematis. I love them and have lots. Some have really long flowering periods. Regards coggy
COGGY

Return to Boundaries