Neighbour accusations

Re: Neighbour accusations

Postby despair » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:30 am

Sadly these neighbours are pushing things and behaving in typical bully fashion

Be very careful collaborate is right
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby lisagirly » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:06 pm

thank you both,, yes I was suprised by the other response on this forum but I think it was just because I didn't have a chance to explain the full history. We weren't dead against fences being put up but it was more about they way they approached us about it, rather than what they wanted to do. As you said, it wasn't asking nicely if we would have any issue, it was telling us they were doing it, with no thought that might not even be their border to do it. They also continue to block the dropped kerb access and have in the past partially parked on our drive, which in itself sounds petty but when its being done every day for no good reason (as you said other than bullying tactics). They have now moved their van and bins to the edge of our drive blocking the light into our garden and the bins are smelling but they aren't doing anything wrong. Interestingly, we were inspecting our shrubs and looks like some of them are dying and we've diagnosed it with a fungal disease - which would have been caused by the changes they have made to their garden. But, being reasonable people, we accept that these things will happen and deal with it, its our plants our issue. It would never have even crossed my mind they did something to them!

We have sent a letter back using the wording suggested wording but also adding that any further letters with threatening undertones are seen as harrassment and we will take action.
You've summed it up perfectly when you said they are bullies, I hadn't thought of it that way but the feeling intimidated when Im in my garden or going to my car, is what bullies do!
lisagirly

Postby despair » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:15 pm

When you have experienced the progressive and very devious ways bullies operate its easy to spot them

My advice though if you want a peaceful life is move

otherwise totally blank them out , fit CCTV and be sure you have legal cover on your house insurance and learn to ignore their antics until they go OTT when you then have the evidence on CCTV
despair

Postby lisagirly » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:43 pm

thanks. We dont want to move, just bought this house over a year ago! was a lovely old chap next door then he sold up and they moved in 6 months later. I could move but you can't choose your neighbours can you? But yes, H is thinking about installing CCTV.
lisagirly

Postby COGGY » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:01 pm

Hi
I would really recommend CCTV. It has certainly helped us to sort out the problem neighbours. Ours is set to record 24/7 but will list the times when movement occurs within a set area. So if a cat walks past or the wind blows leaves it is recorded but not listed in the movement section. Much easier to check as neighbours can be very unpredictable in their actions. We only really need to know when they cross the boundary or loiter on it looking in. It will eventually record over past events so anything needed is saved to our computer via a stick. Regards Coggy
COGGY

Previous

Return to Boundaries