Boundary Issues

Re: Boundary Issues

Postby despair » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:24 pm

DITTO

theres only one thing bullies understand ....actions speak louder than words and CCTV is absolute proof of their illegal behaviour
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby COGGY » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi
We also have a neighbour who told us he could come into our garden whenever he chose, as he "Had studied English Law". Well we have secured our garden, installed cctv and informed him that he must ask to come round at our convenience. He threatened us with his Insurance Company which we ignored. He will occasionally still try to annoy us which we ignore. I would recommend cctv. Coggy
COGGY

Postby 64632 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Thanks Collaborate

What about sending me a bill for carrying works out himself?

Ann

Postby 64632 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:07 pm

Thanks Coggy and despair

I have contacted a CCTV company, but I know he will continue to make life very difficult for me. He tries to use legal jargon in his letters, I have looked across these forums (and the advice has been amazing) and found most of my questions are pretty similar.

My only question that I can't seem to get an answer for is whether he can erect a wall/fence and send me the bill

Ann

Postby Collaborate » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:09 pm

64632 wrote:Thanks Collaborate

What about sending me a bill for carrying works out himself?

Ann

Just no.
Collaborate

Postby 64632 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Thanks collaborate

I replied to one of his letters to advise him that he could not send me a bill to claim the full cost of erecting a fence, I even wrote that he should be aware that in such civil matters, costs are agreed before hand by parties if they are liable for any costs. He responded and I quote, 'be sure that if you choose to ignore my warning again, I will erect a fence and will be sending you the full bill for the costs. You now have two months from the date of this letter to comply'

Ann

Postby arborlad » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:32 pm

64632 wrote:Thank you arborlad

I was thinking that if we put up the concrete post where the original post used to be (removed because it was unstable and could have collapsed) and fix a gate from the post to my property and lock it. That would be ok right? I mean as we could dig the foundation on my side, I wouldn't need to inform him of any works?

The important thing is that it is set at the limit of your land.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby 64632 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:40 pm

arborlad wrote:
64632 wrote:Thank you arborlad

I was thinking that if we put up the concrete post where the original post used to be (removed because it was unstable and could have collapsed) and fix a gate from the post to my property and lock it. That would be ok right? I mean as we could dig the foundation on my side, I wouldn't need to inform him of any works?

The important thing is that it is set at the limit of your land.

So putting it where the original post was should be ok? This was a marker of the boundary line

Postby arborlad » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:49 pm

64632 wrote:
My only question that I can't seem to get an answer for is whether he can erect a wall/fence and send me the bill

Ann

There is absolutely and positively no way that he can build a fence on your land and then send you a bill for the privilege - it's ludicrous!
arborlad

arborlad

Postby despair » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:55 pm

your neighbour is talking out if his backside
its typical nonsense from bullies

have you carefully checked all mortgages
insurances
credit cards
union memberships

for legal expenses cover

Rest assured he cannot under any circumstance send you a bill for erecting a fence
on the contrary it is you who can bill him for every ounce of damage done and the costs of rectifying anything his builder or he removed / altered or damaged
despair

Postby 64632 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:17 pm

Thank you all. I must say you are all making me feel better about my situation.

I wonder why he thinks he can erect a fence on the boundary line and feels he doesn't have to give me any notice and that he can bill me for this work! Re-reading my posts - I see how ridiculous it sounds. If he chooses to commence work - should I call the police?

I also fail to understand why he thinks he can access my land, he would not take to kindly me sauntering into his garden.

Ann

Postby despair » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:22 pm

Bullies live in a fantasy world
they only believe what they believe
they often wont even believe a judge
seriously your best bet is to restore your fence lock the gate and sell up and move fast

because clowns like this will try every trick in the book to annoy
despair

Postby 64632 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:30 pm

despair wrote:Bullies live in a fantasy world
they only believe what they believe
they often wont even believe a judge
seriously your best bet is to restore your fence lock the gate and sell up and move fast

because clowns like this will try every trick in the book to annoy

I would like him to pay for the fence that he removed. Maybe not sell - just move and rent all my rooms out to students :mrgreen:

Postby despair » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:56 am

you should be able to recover the cost of replacing the fence via small claims court
especially if you have all his letters notes on his shouting etc
and involve the police over his harassment and threats as evidence
despair

Postby arborlad » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:34 am

64632 wrote:I would like him to pay for the fence that he removed.

While you should be pursuing him for the costs of anything of yours that he has removed, which seems to be a gate and (shared) post, your main concern at the moment must be to secure your land............did you not think something was amiss when he installed a gate where none should be - how long has the gate been there?
arborlad

arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Boundaries