Boundary Issues

Re: Boundary Issues

Postby arborlad » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:45 am

64632 wrote:Thanks collaborate

I replied to one of his letters to advise him that he could not send me a bill to claim the full cost of erecting a fence, I even wrote that he should be aware that in such civil matters, costs are agreed before hand by parties if they are liable for any costs. He responded and I quote, 'be sure that if you choose to ignore my warning again, I will erect a fence and will be sending you the full bill for the costs. You now have two months from the date of this letter to comply'

Ann

............in hindsight I know but instead of conversing over the costs of something that he shouldn't do, you should have been very firmly stating that he should not be erecting a fence on your land and he should not be attempting to gain rights over your land where none exist. Any rights he has/had over your land ceased at the location of the now removed doors.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby 64632 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:28 am

Police have been no help. They keep saying its a civil matter even though I have said I am finding it extremely distressing.

I removed my gate as when his builders removed the fence, the pillar became so unstable that it could not support its weight.

I did ask him what he thought he was going to achieve by installing his gate (I couldn't prevent it as it is wholly built on his land). He said to allow access to his garden via the shared walkway.
I questioned how it was possible via the tiny strip of land - he said 'install a fence so I won't have to trespass onto your property'. That is an admission of knowingly and intentionally committing an offence right.

Ann

Postby arborlad » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:37 am

64632 wrote:I did ask him what he thought he was going to achieve by installing his gate (I couldn't prevent it as it is wholly built on his land). He said to allow access to his garden via the shared walkway.

The shared walkway does not exist at that location.

You are right that you couldn't have prevented the installation of the gate but you can and must prevent its use.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby COGGY » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:56 am

Hi Ann

I think you should email your local community officer, stating that your neighbour has been abusive and threatening and request that he acknowledges receipt of your email. When there is written proof sent to a specific person you may find they suddenly become more helpful. They can deny receiving a phone call and you have no proof (not suggesting you did not phone). Also ask them for information on how you may contact Victim Support. You may find they are suddenly more interested. You have nothing to lose. Regards Coggy
COGGY

Postby despair » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:14 am

Its now vital that a letter goes recorded delivery firmly stating that you have sought legal advice

that he has absolutely no right of access whatever now through your property
that his extention blocks his access so its his problem
that all costs of restoring your property following his builders actions are his responsibility and you will pursue him for same

that you will not enter into furthur discussions on the issue and that his harassment has been referred to the police

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
it seems you are a woman and as said above by others its vital you get the police to take his threats,intimidation and harassment very seriously indeed
despair

Postby 64632 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:06 pm

Thank you all

I paid a solicitor initially when he started sending me letters but as you all know, this became quite expensive and as some of you have already stated, he didn't even care what the solicitor was writing, he thought he was right and we were wrong.

I have contacted the Police again and they have been a bit more proactive in helping me. It's an awful situation and I will do everything that you have all suggested. I have stated to him that he chose to build his extension that blocked his access and that's his own fault.

Postby despair » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:37 pm

This is precisely why no ine should ever take out house insurance without spending those few extra pounds on legal expenses cover

its vital and frees you from worry in situations like this

i am fully aware that bullies refuse to accept the law even when told by a judge but there aee ways to unseat these idiots

its because he sees you as a weak pushover that he is trying to wear you down ....on no account stand for it fight back as per advice above

I also fully undersrand the incredible stress bullies create ...once you picture this clown as in song from les miserables

" see them with their trousers off they are never quite so grand " it works wonders
despair

Postby MacadamB53 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi Ann,

would you consider selling him a ROW over a small strip of your garden?

just trying to think of a positive outcome for both parties...

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby despair » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Why on earth should Ann sell this moron a slice of her garden

Far better to let the house to a bunch of very rowdy students
despair

Postby 64632 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi Mac

Tbh I could foresee he was creating himself an issue when he completed his work, I was going to offer an amicable agreement with him. However, he instantly went to sending me abusive letters and a list of demands and caused me so much distress - I don't actually want to out of principle now. I even advised him in a letter that I was willing to settle this with an amicable solution, he replied that I was the problem

Ann

Postby MacadamB53 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:59 pm

64632 wrote:Hi Mac

Tbh I could foresee he was creating himself an issue when he completed his work, I was going to offer an amicable agreement with him. However, he instantly went to sending me abusive letters and a list of demands and caused me so much distress - I don't actually want to out of principle now. I even advised him in a letter that I was willing to settle this with an amicable solution, he replied that I was the problem

Ann
far enough, be good to know how you get on
MacadamB53

Postby 64632 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:06 pm

I have tried everything I can to settle this amicably but all he wants is for me to meet his list of demands - all off them are ridiculous

Postby arborlad » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:42 pm

64632 wrote:
arborlad wrote:
64632 wrote:Thank you arborlad

I was thinking that if we put up the concrete post where the original post used to be (removed because it was unstable and could have collapsed) and fix a gate from the post to my property and lock it. That would be ok right? I mean as we could dig the foundation on my side, I wouldn't need to inform him of any works?

The important thing is that it is set at the limit of your land.

So putting it where the original post was should be ok? This was a marker of the boundary line

Under more normal circumstances, yes, but there is a possibility that post was shared?

Where is the gate relative to the extension?..........his footings may prevent a decent depth post hole plus you will working in newly backfilled ground.

When any post is intended to abut the boundary, once its position is determined a hole is dug equally on all four sides, the post is placed in the centre of the hole and backfilled equally all round, some of the backfill material will be on your neighbours land - this is all normal practice and acceptable.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby COGGY » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:35 pm

I do not agree with the idea of selling him a right of way over your property. He is a bully and will push and push and push. Make sure you keep him right out of your property. Make sure that every time you speak to the police concerning this you obtain an Incident Number and record it. Keep a diary specially for recording events. Do not trust this man at all. Regards Coggy
COGGY

Postby 64632 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi Coggy

I agree, after all he has subjected me to, I will not give up my land to him.

I will go forth with despairs idea of re-installing the pillar and fixing my gate. It is a pillar that marked the boundary line. I will also stack some breeze blocks on my side of the boundary line where his gate his - just to remind him that he cannot venture further than the stack. CCTV is also being installed this weeken

Ann

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

PreviousNext

Return to Boundaries