Boundary Issues

Re: Boundary Issues

Postby COGGY » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:52 pm

I think you will find the cctv is well worthwhile. Make sure it is recording 24/7. Good luck Coggy
COGGY

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby arborlad » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:01 am

64632 wrote:Hi Coggy

I agree, after all he has subjected me to, I will not give up my land to him.

I will go forth with despairs idea of re-installing the pillar and fixing my gate. It is a pillar that marked the boundary line. I will also stack some breeze blocks on my side of the boundary line where his gate his - just to remind him that he cannot venture further than the stack. CCTV is also being installed this weeken

Ann

How many other properties in your area are similar to yours?.........once you have blocked his gate and locked yours, he's likely to huff and puff and start making false claims about access over your land, that's when a breach of the peace might occur, which should interest the police, if you can show them a nearby property laid out as it should be, that should carry more weight in informing the police of the rights and wrongs of the situation.

Now that he has removed his rear access by building over it, he has devalued his property, if you allow him access over your property - it will devalue yours.

Does his gate open inwards or outwards, how often is it being used?
Last edited by arborlad on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby COGGY » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:16 am

Hi
I would advise putting the cctv on show. Some try to hide the fact of having cctv but then when you have evidence you have the problem of dealing with it. Putting the cctv on show has a wonderful effect on the behaviour of problem neighbours in my experience. We requested help from our local community support officer when installing the cameras. He visited and approved the position we were putting them. Make sure they are well out of reach! :) Good luck Coggy
COGGY

Postby despair » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:43 am

Ann
i do understand just how gut wrenching dealing with such a bully is but once you show them you are not interested in their nonsense
that cctv is installed
that they cant get their own way

things settle down

they are still likely to huff and puff but just completely blank them out ,do not respond just totally ignore them save for keeping a careful diary and dated photos both now and going fwd...all evidence for the police
be sure to block his gate by whatever means even a fence panel across it

without a plan and photos we have trouble making other bright suggestions

just be prepared for him to go OTT and then you have all the evidence the police need
despair

Postby arborlad » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:48 pm

arborlad wrote:
64632 wrote:Thank you arborlad

I was thinking that if we put up the concrete post where the original post used to be (removed because it was unstable and could have collapsed) and fix a gate from the post to my property and lock it. That would be ok right? I mean as we could dig the foundation on my side, I wouldn't need to inform him of any works?

The important thing is that it is set at the limit of your land.

.............just to clarify something here, from a boundary perspective, its placement is important but equally important is that he can't get under, over, through or bypass your gate in any way, joking about him squeezing through a gap is all well and good, but there should be no gap for him to exploit.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Previous

Return to Boundaries