Boundary Fence and Tree Issue

Re: Boundary Fence and Tree Issue

Postby mr sheen » Mon May 29, 2017 11:51 am

The burden of proof is theirs so until they provide some evidence you don't need to pay for a solicitor or meet with them if you don't want to.
mr sheen

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby MacadamB53 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi ParallelLines,

the spine party wall is two brick lengths wide

you sure about that? 17 1/2 inches? cavity walls are typically about 12 inches thick, solid walls 9 inches.

Kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby ParallelLines » Tue May 30, 2017 9:05 am

Sorry Mac that was a mistake! I should have put width not length. It is a solid wall and the party wall is one brick long, 23cm or 9 inches in old money.
ParallelLines

Postby ParallelLines » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:35 pm

Good news on this one. Today my neighbour came round and agreed their fence is wholly on my side of the boundary and that it was an error by the contractor lol. In an unusual twist he wants to give me ownership of the fence aswell. I would have preferred a simple apology in truth. Anyway it is good news, just a shame they have taken six months to accept something I tried to convey to them last December.

They have also much reduced a 3m high hedgerow in the front after I handed them a sheet about the High Hedges legislation this morning.

Anyway thanks all for the help and support. Even when it looks clearcut if the other party deny it things can get very wearing so it is great to have this site to come to. Hopefully this will be my last and I can just be a looker form now!
ParallelLines

Previous

Return to Boundaries