Boundary feature

Boundary feature

Postby sandscorcher » Tue May 16, 2017 11:04 am

I am trying to find out if my detached garage wall is a boundary feature.

One of my neighbours who is not a very nice person (does not reside there) has had there house turned into a C4 from a C3. so now is a house of multi occupancy much to the whole neighbour hoods disgust.

Anyway this neighbour will do anything to upset anyone if they can, my question is my garage is detached to the left side of my house with the driveway directly in front of the garage, to the left side of my garage is the neighbours front garden. They now intend on putting a fence up alongside my drive which will make opening my car door a little difficult but not impossible. Are they aloud to attached the fence post to my garage at all or can I insist that it the post be free standing, the garage is brick built but only single skin and from experience I know how easy it is to drill right the way through.

One of my other neighbours has also pointed out the covenants state somewhere that none of us are allowed to erect a fence in our front gardens anyway.

thanks in advance
sandscorcher

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Boundary feature

Postby despair » Tue May 16, 2017 11:32 am

Your neighbour cannot paint or stain or render or attach anything whatever to your garage wall
if they do try it you can legally remove attachments and sue them for costs of repairs
since the foundations for your garage likely extend beyond the wall the same applies they cannot tamper with your foundations

as for the covenants check your deeds very very carefully
its possible the "estate " is designated open plan by the local authority and in which case you would need to contact them
despair

Re: Boundary feature

Postby SwitchRich » Tue May 16, 2017 3:23 pm

If you are wanting the full help of the guys in this forum it's best if you either scan or copy out the text in your deeds so they can properly advise.
SwitchRich

Return to Boundaries