Help - impending boundary action by neighbour

Re: Help - impending boundary action by neighbour

Postby arborlad » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Best continued here:

Wellway wrote:Hi

A neighbour is erecting a fence in my garden as they say I have encroached on their land. This is a dispute but we are sick and letting them get on with it now as only a foot or two we will lose.

This leaves the back section of my fence behind theirs now. They have said they would not let us have this back as compensation for the trouble this has caused.

Do they have a legal right to not return this to us? They paid nothing towards this fence when we had it put up.

Thanks
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby arborlad » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:04 am

Wellway wrote: The hedge was removed, our fence was placed on our side (no gain for us) and our neighbour had a new fence and the hedge removed gaining a few feet in the garden, all for no cost.

This seems to be the point where it all went pear shaped - two fences with, possibly, an intervening hedge.

You can make two presumptions about a correctly erected boundary fence,(1) it is wholly on your land, (2) it is at the limit of your land - you can only make the first presumption about a wholly owned hedge.

Maintaining a hedge for a long time is not sufficient to claim ownership of it, you need evidence that that hedge was conveyed with your land, your neighbour needs the same evidence in their favour

The true value of a boundary feature lies not with how much they cost but how effective they are in defining the land of their owner. A boundary feature can be an elaborate wall topped with rampant lions costing thousands per metre to a single wire on driven posts costing pence per metre, both are worthless if not done correctly.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby despair » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:10 pm

Arborlad ...there are not 2 fences

There was a hedge the OP installed a fence on their side of the hedge ....it is the neighbour who having gained land the hedge was on now wants more and more including a section of fence that was on the neighbours side of the hedge
despair

Postby arborlad » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:56 pm

despair wrote:Arborlad ...there are not 2 fences

There was a hedge the OP installed a fence on their side of the hedge ....it is the neighbour who having gained land the hedge was on now wants more and more including a section of fence that was on the neighbours side of the hedge

Despair - as an ex Moderator, you should know better than most, why it is best not to respond to duplicate threads: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20848

This leaves the back section of my fence behind theirs now.
arborlad

arborlad

Postby despair » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:54 pm

i have never been a moderator ...but Arborlad knows better than anyone
if theres duplicate threads they should be merged into one
despair

Postby arborlad » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:22 pm

despair wrote:i have never been a moderator ...but Arborlad knows better than anyone
if theres duplicate threads they should be merged into one

Ahem.......".Despair was made a mod yet given (no offence meant here Despair) that Depair cannot even copy/paste or report a post properly her abilities as a mod were questionable - she claims she could not delete posts etc and made a few mistakes yet I took the blame."

Postby despair » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:40 pm

xxxxxxxx and I have resigned thats for sure

I have no desire to take this thread any further off-topic - start your own thread if you disagree with any of the above!
arborlad

arborlad

Postby mango1 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:49 am

Go to www.getmapping.com you can buy historic hi resolution satellite images that are better than the free Google ones.
mango1

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Previous

Return to Boundaries