Fencing against my boundary

Fencing against my boundary

Postby roogy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:02 pm

A new planning application has been made for a house behind my garden. On the boundary line i have some outbuildings (timber framed sheds with corrugated metal cladding which are about 50 years old) . The proposed house shows wooden fencing right against the boundary, ie the walls of these sheds. So if this was done i could not maintain the external walls of the buildings. In addition the tin roofs from the sheds obviously overhang the shed walls to allow water to run off, so they could not erect this fencing against the shed as it would foul the overhang - unless they will request i somehow cut back the overhang?. Can they get approval for this?
roogy

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Fencing against my boundary

Postby MacadamB53 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:41 pm

roogy wrote:A new planning application has been made for a house behind my garden. On the boundary line i have some outbuildings (timber framed sheds with corrugated metal cladding which are about 50 years old) . The proposed house shows wooden fencing right against the boundary, ie the walls of these sheds. So if this was done i could not maintain the external walls of the buildings. In addition the tin roofs from the sheds obviously overhang the shed walls to allow water to run off, so they could not erect this fencing against the shed as it would foul the overhang - unless they will request i somehow cut back the overhang?. Can they get approval for this?
yes they can
MacadamB53

Postby Collaborate » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:01 am

Anyone can build or fence to the boundary of their property. Just because one side gets in there first doesn't mean to say the other side must back off.
Collaborate

Postby ukmicky » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:31 pm

They do not have to provide you with access to maintain your buildings walls and below is section 2 (h) from the party wall act . If you read it you will see should they really wish to do it they don't need your permission to remove any overhang.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/40

(h) to cut away or demolish parts of any wall or building of an adjoining owner overhanging the land of the building owner or overhanging a party wall, to the extent that it is necessary to cut away or demolish the parts to enable a vertical wall to be erected or raised against the wall or building of the adjoining owner
Advice given is not legally qualified and you are advised to gain a professional opinion
ukmicky

Return to Boundaries