Boundary Dispute with Neighbour (But not over his land)

Re: Boundary Dispute with Neighbour (But not over his land)

Postby despair » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:33 pm

no he has absolutely no right whatever to paint his shed from your land
he also has no right to allow water run off from his shed to damage your fence or enter your land
since he has no planning permision for his shed get someone else to report it bcos i understand your not allowed to do what he has fone
despair

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Postby arborlad » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:07 pm

FocusDad wrote:
It's the ownership of the fence I'm questioning, the construction indicates it belongs to the neighbour.

I agree it looks like this but it's my fence have checked this and my other friendly neighbour agrees.

He's not claiming that he owns the bit of land, just that you don't? So he would still have to put his stepladder on someone else's land to paint his shed?
Why bother - why not just ask you if it's OK once every few years?

Try 3 to 4 times a year.

He has made it clear that it's his right, I don't think he likes the idea of asking.

He has no rights on your land, he'll have to ask your permission, same as you'll have to do if you wish to do any maintenance of your fence on his land.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Postby FocusDad » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:17 am

Thanks for the responses so far have been ill and out of action...

The gate is going in, in the New Year.

After further interactions with the neighbour, I have now become concerned about future property damage. Shed rotting and falling into the fence, shed or fence panels rotting leaning/falling and damaging my car etc. The neighbours not being reasonable and I don’t believe that he will do the right thing if something does go wrong with the structure. Essentially I want to protect myself from future costs relating to his shed.

One way would be to wait and see, although I assume that if things went wrong this would be a civil matter so would cost me lots of money. Or would this become a council matter and cost me nothing? If it would be a private civil matter can anyone give me an idea of how much this might cost me?

Another way would be to complain to planning, which I would rather avoid. But if the alternative is a potentially large bill to pay in the future I may have to consider this. I wonder how likely it is that Planning will compel the neighbour to remove the shed, I don't believe a letter would be enough to get him to do so without some enforcement. There's no point in contacting Planning if they can not/will not bother to enforce its removal.

Are there any there any other options, that anyone can think of?
FocusDad

Postby arborlad » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:38 pm

FocusDad wrote:Thanks for the responses so far have been ill and out of action...

The gate is going in, in the New Year.

After further interactions with the neighbour, I have now become concerned about future property damage. Shed rotting and falling into the fence, shed or fence panels rotting leaning/falling and damaging my car etc. The neighbours not being reasonable and I don’t believe that he will do the right thing if something does go wrong with the structure. Essentially I want to protect myself from future costs relating to his shed.

You seem overly concerned about the effects of a relatively new and well built shed, which might eventually become justified if you prevent him from maintaining it.

Why are you waiting until the New Year to erect the gate?

Why did you need PP for it, will it exceed a metre in height?

Usually best to stick to one thread.
arborlad

smile...it confuses people
arborlad

Previous

Return to Boundaries