Boundary Resolution Pack - worth it?

Boundary Resolution Pack - worth it?

Postby BoM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:09 am

Have posted in another forum but not really had a response so hoping the experts here can help.

Having some work done in our garden and hit a problem with our old garage wall that we are leaving in situ but removing some loose bricks and renewing but we’ve discovered that our neighbours garage roof has a felt gully that lent against this portion of the garage wall for drainage. Bit confusing as to how that’s happened as their house and allegedly their garage was built earlier than ours in the 50s so there would have been no wall to put this gully against if that makes sense.

Anyway, we are where we are and we are trying to get it resolved so there is no detriment on their side and all was agreed with the husband, very civilised, about repairs but the wife, well she’s a completely different kettle of fish and simply barks at our workmen and tries to stop works (we had this 3 years ago with her when we were doing our extension).

We want to know where we stand with this wall and establish once and for all ownership as I don’t want to fall foul of any party wall laws plus the front driveway wall has had a bad lean on it prior to us purchasing and if it goes, it’s going against their cars which we want to avoid and despite offering 3 years ago to split costs and have it rebuilt whilst doing the extension, they never took us up on it.

So this morning I’ve rung NatWest fora copy of our deeds but they advised they don't have them, I rung Enact on NatWest’s advice who organised the remortgage and they don’t have them, I’m kind of stuck as to what I do now in establishing where my deeds are. I've paid £3 for the Land Registry but obviously discovered that this was just a red mark showing us the boundary and not ownership.

Any advice as this is all new to us. I've seen on line there is a Boundary Resolution Pack at nearly £90 but I'm loathed to pay that if I can get a copy of my deeds for free as they are held somewhere by someone who has been engaged by us in the past ie solicitor, plus also loathed to pay £90 if it doesn't actually give me the information I want which is who is responsible for the wall in question.

Any help / advice would be appreciated.
BoM

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: Boundary Resolution Pack - worth it?

Postby MacadamB53 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:45 am

Hi BoM,

spending a further £6 might start to clear things up.

£3 on the title register entries for your property (rather than the title plan with the red lines).
£3 on the same for next door’s property.

these might contain references to responsibility for, and therefore ownership of, boundary features.

does the wall stand on or beside what you consider to be the edge of your property?

kind regards, Mac
MacadamB53

Postby BoM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:42 am

I've got a copy of the Register of Title and there are no maps / plans contained. The only reference to Boundaries is:

Property Register
1 24.03.2009 - The freehold land shown edge with red on the plan of the above title filed at the Registry and being *address*
2 24.03.2009 - The land has the benefit of the rights granted by but is subject to the rights reserved by the Conveyance dated 5 February 1958 referred to in the Charges Register
3 24.03.2009 The Conveyance dated 5 February 1958 referred to in the Charges Register contains a provision as to boundary structures.

The wall looks to be a continuation of the front drive wall, down the side of the house and then potentially our garage at the back was built on top of the wall, I say this because of the way the bricks are positioned. I suspect as there are 2 garage walls that theirs potentially got water in it and they've changed the roof line to tie into ours to resolve it. Hopefully we are getting the current situation resolved between us, the roofer, the brickies and the husband but it's the front wall that I'm concerned about as one big gust of wind and I'm worried it'll go over so sort of want to be prepared to either sort it before that happens or know that it's not our responsibility. I would have thought that if there house was build a good 5/6 years before ours, then that boundary wall would be theres but obviously that is an assumption.
BoM

Postby SwitchRich » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi BoM,
Any chance of some pictures of these walls? They tell a thousand words you see :)
Plus you stand the chance of getting a lot more help from this forum if you do as everyone will have much better information to form an opinion on.
SwitchRich

Postby BoM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:22 pm

I've got some photos of the work in progress but the one that will probably be the most helpful would be looking down the side of the house towards the garages and I'll try and get that one tonight, light permitting.

I've been advised on another forum to not go for the boundary dispute pack at £90 as it's a company doing it for you rather than the Government website so glad I asked that question!
BoM

Postby BoM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:18 pm

Hopefully these will assist, sorry light is poor.

You'll see there are three different bricks. The lights ones which were the internal wall of our garage, the end of their garage and then a brick outhouse on their property.

Also included photo of the 'gully' and the internal garage wall as you'll see what I mean about the brick work looking like the garage was built on top of an existing low level wall but then I suppose the bricks would have been a different colour due to weathering?

Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BoM

Postby BoM » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:19 pm

And the rest of them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BoM

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Return to Boundaries