NFH and extension

NFH and extension

Postby annie.101 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:27 pm

My NFH kitchen extension is about 8 inches into my garden> Ihad a builder quote me for an extension who pointed out this would cause a lot of problems. What do I do to get this sorted will she have to take her extension down. Any help would be appreciated as we are living next to an absolute nightmare and I want to get this sorted out.
annie.101

Ads are not endorsed by www.gardenlaw.co.uk or the staff thereof and visitors should perform their own due diligence on the product or service offered.

Re: NFH and extension

Postby David » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:53 pm

annie.101 wrote:My NFH kitchen extension is about 8 inches into my garden> Ihad a builder quote me for an extension who pointed out this would cause a lot of problems. What do I do to get this sorted will she have to take her extension down. Any help would be appreciated as we are living next to an absolute nightmare and I want to get this sorted out.

If proved it could be forced to be removed, or you could, if the price is right sell her the most expensive 8 inches of land in your neigbourhood.
It would afterall have to compensate you for the problems this may cause you when you extend.
David
David

Re: NFH and extension

Postby Maverick.uk » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:27 pm

How long has your neighbour's extension been in situ.

Regards

Mav
Maverick.uk

Postby annie.101 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:27 am

Thanks for the feedback, I think the extension has been up for 10 years plus, it was not until I got a quote for the work I want done that this came to light. They are totally unapproachable and if have suffered a lot this last two years that I want to get this sorted out properly or it might start her off again.

Thanks
annie.101

Postby Maverick.uk » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:04 pm

Annie

If its been up for this length of time you are unlikely (IMHO) to get anywhere. You or your predecessors have accepted it without comment for far too long.

It is likley that your neighbour could in fact claim adverse possession. (10years for regsitered land)

Regards

Mav
Maverick.uk

Postby Beech » Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:25 pm

Probably a good idea to use Mmediation to sort it out, and then get any agreement you can reached lodged with each others titles. I can't imagine it would be easy to get your neighbours to knock down an extension they've had for 10 or more years, no matter how hard you try.
Beech

Return to Boundaries